Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Solo Time in London

29 Nov 2010 Explorer1217001 said

Explorer1217001
Hi all!

Ill be traveling to Europe for the first time in May. Ill be staying with a friend in London before the trip starts but have the days to myself.
Will anyone else be in London between approx the 21st and 25th of May?

Ps. For anyone who has already done something similar to this tips would be incredibly helpful!
  • 30 Nov 2010 m0lly said

Default_avatar

Hey hey, I will be spending days alone in London as well, not at the same time unfortunately! Theres actually HEAPS to do in London! If you like sightseeing you might want to consider getting a london pass http://www.londonpass.com/
    It gives you free access to heaps of attractions and tours and you can cut the busy, main queues! If your friend lives out of the city you could get it with travel so you get free unlimited travel on the tube… Comes with a free guidebook so you can plan ahead!
    Im going to get one of these for the 6 days im there and run around doing as much as possible!

• 1 Dec 2010 Wez said

Wez

You will have no problem trying to find things to do, I suggest searching for some of the past “London” topics in this forum where you will get a pretty good overview. Where about in London does your friend stay?

• 1 Dec 2010 TrippyGirl said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by Explorer1217001:
    Hi all!

Ill be traveling to Europe for the first time in May. Ill be staying with a friend in London before the trip starts but have the days to myself.
    Will anyone else be in London between approx the 21st and 25th of May?

Ps. For anyone who has already done something similar to this tips would be incredibly helpful!

i have to agree about the londonpass. very handy. i liked waking around and seeing the streets and shops. do the free walking tours they’re great to get a different perspective on some of the monuments. have some pub grub. go to the museum.

• 6 Dec 2010 Explorer1217001 said

Explorer1217001

Great! Thank you guys so much!

I’m not sure where my friend is staying at but I think its somewhere near where they are planning everything for the Olympics.

Ill def keep all those tips in mind. The Londonpass looks perfect.

If anyone sees this who will be there around then, traveling the city with someone else would be a lot more fun!

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.