Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Disney Land on own :(

2 Feb 2010 MICHELLE said

Default_avatar
I'm looking at doing a US contiki tour but spending some time in LA before hand. I want to go to Disneyland but as I'll be travelling on my own I'll be going on my own. It's not going to be too good.

Has anyone been to Disneyland on their own and how did you find it "honestly"???
  • 2 Feb 2010 Rach84 said

Default_avatar

when are u goin?

• 3 Feb 2010 zoeykate said

Default_avatar

I pretty much went on my own. I went with two friends (who i had to pay for to go). They sat on the benchs most of the time and I did all the rides on my own. It was fine, plenty of people will offer to take photo’s for you as well. Plus riding on your own means you can skip ahead sometimes as they need to fill every seat.
    Just go you will regret it if you dont.
    Or go during the tour and explore other places before you start the tour.

• 3 Feb 2010 Kaznagan said

Kaznagan

that was something i was thinking too, cause i’ll be there by myself before my tour in july.
    people are happy to take photos? awesome.
    i heard you can order cds with photos of you and the disney characters? or do they just give you photos?

• 4 Feb 2010 Meaghan said

Meaghan

Don’t worry about going on your own. It it such a great place that you can’t miss going too. You will regret it if you don’t go.

I wen’t to Disneyland a couple of times on my own before I started a tour. Had the best time.

At least you can see and do what you want when you want. I had no problem with going on my own.

You can still go on all the rides and there is so much too see. Do it!!

• 5 Feb 2010 explorer105672 said

Default_avatar

Definitely do disneyland!! I think its better with other people but ive also been by myself after contiki and still had a blast. I mean its disneyland so u have to go and i promise youll love it

• 13 Feb 2010 gig08 said

gig08

Definitely agree that you should go!
    Try seeing if there are others who are going to be on your tour (through the msg boards), and you might find someone who wants to meet up and go with you before the tour.

I went on the GS in Jan 2008 and there were a huge group of people that met online before the tour and arranged their own little Cali road-trip before our tour even started— so I’m sure you’ll be able to find someone who’s keen on going to Disney!

• 14 Feb 2010 cdm115 said

cdm115

The Disney Photopass is very expensive, but the photographers will take a picture of you with your own camera. You can also get the pass, let them take your picture and then just order individual pics that came out really good.

I know disney world much better, but there may be some restuarants that have a bar area in them that you could eat restaurant food without sitting at a table by yourself. Probably more likely at California Adventure.

• 14 Feb 2010 gig08 said

gig08

There is a whole area called Downtown Disney at Disneyland, and I’m sure you’ll have no trouble finding a place to settle down for a drink Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 18 Feb 2010 cass said

Default_avatar

I have done Disneyland on my own and i didnt have any problems, in fact at times it was an advantage to me cause i often got to the front of the line alot quicker. Plus if you want your photo with any of the charcters there is always someone around to take it for you. Im glad I did it on my own cause I got to do what I wanted.

• 2 Mar 2010 socalgal said

Default_avatar

As somebody who goes to Disneyland at least 4 times a year I say DO IT! You can get a single rider pass that lets you pretty much skip to the front of the lines. Also use the fast pass (it’s your admission ticket that you swipe at the big rides. You get a ticket to return within a certain timeframe and get to cut to the front of the line) It’s actually easier to get around the park solo than if you are in a big group. If you get a chance check out downtown disney.

• 25 Mar 2010 Eme77 said

Eme77

Thank you all so much for sharing. This is the only thing I was worried about and I’m traveling 2 months alone.. It’s the Happiest place in the world so surely it will be alright by myself.
    however, if anyone is planning to go on the 6/7/8th of June 2010 then let me know.
    Em

• 27 Mar 2010 kylcam said

kylcam

I want to go the day April 7 or April 20/21. If anyone is around then, lets do it!

• 28 Mar 2010 nturaveragestud said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by kylcam:
    I want to go the day April 7 or April 20/21. If anyone is around then, lets do it!

I’m headed to Disneyland on April 27 – April 30 and I’m on my own. Will be going after my Contiki tour ends… so let me know, if you are game?

Cheers,
    Jeremy from Singapore

• 12 Apr 2010 NaHdz said

NaHdz

I did one day on my own..there’s pros and cons, it was a little depressing wandering around alone with no one to share the excitement with but it was great being able to go where I wanted and they have a ‘singles’ line that the use to fill in the gaps on rides so that was awesome cause you pretty much go straight on haha either way you’re at Disneyland so who cares!

• 14 Apr 2010 Danica Jane said

Default_avatar

My experience was the same as NaHdz.

Make sure you go to City Hall and get a first time badge or birthday badge or anything else important. People approach you more and you get talking to people in the lines.

I did a character breakfast beforehand and it was pretty awkward sitting at a table by myself but the characters all came and sat and chatted with me and grabbed random people to take photos for me.

• 20 Apr 2010 Dara Bee said

Default_avatar

Hi Eme

I was planning on doing Disneyland on the 6th June also. Was a bit worried about doing it solo, but hey, what can you do?

If you wanna meet up and go together lemme know! I leave for Europe (hopefully, stupid volcano!!) on 24.4 so I will have limited access to the net, but will check as often as I can Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Dara

• 20 Apr 2010 Kaznagan said

Kaznagan

i was thinking of having the characters breakfast but since i was alone i thought i wasnt sure, but hey as NaHdz said, your in disneyland, i like the idea of going to city hall and getting the badge, hey a little memento for the trip!!!
    i’ll be there for 10th-12th july i cant wait!!! super excited!

• 21 Apr 2010 cdm115 said

cdm115

I just heard a character meal recommended for solo travelers in WDW, so why not at disney land. The characters will still come up to you and i’m sure someone at a neighboring table will take pictures for you.

• 23 Apr 2010 Kara83 said

Default_avatar

I am going alone at the end of my tour.
    I think it is about the 20th August or something thereabouts.
    Anyone else going around then?

• 15 May 2010 Lisa1986 said

Lisa1986

Hi Kaznagan!
    I´m doing the Wild Western, departing on the 14th of July. But I will arrive in L.A. on the 10th. I want to see some sights, go to Disneyland, Universal,… before the tour, but I´d rather not go by myself. I think it´s more fun going together.

Lisa

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion