Community_discussions_small  

Question

My tour got canceled.. now what?

23 Mar 2007 JuhC asked

Default_avatar
hey.. so the thing is.. my tour date got canceled and I had somethings planned for before and after contiki. So, now I'm worried, I mean... they gave me other two dates possibilities wich are fine so far, cause I can still change the dates of my other programs in europe beside contiki. But what if it comes closer and they decide to cancel the tour date again... then what? I'm just supposed to change my schedule all over again? So.. does this happen often? How many more "canceled dates" should I expect? I would apreciate any help at all.. I'm really worried 'bout this. Thanks in advance
  • 23 Mar 2007 sue123 said

Default_avatar

Are any of the dates guaranteed? With a guaranteed departure, it’s most likely they’ll go. Also, once you’re 45 days before departure, you’re guaranteed to go as well.

• 23 Mar 2007 Bryan Haley said

Default_avatar

I did nothing but call Contiki and was nice about the situation and recieved 5% off my trip.

• 26 Mar 2007 Rachelh said

Default_avatar

Yeah, I think you should always be nice!! The ppl you speak to on the phone can’t help that the tour gets cancelled. Also, I think you’ll achieve more when you stay nice and polite.

As for cancellations: Sue123 is right. When your tour departs within 45 days you’re guaranteed to go and I think summer tours are less likely to get cancelled since it’s a popular time to travel….but not sure about this….
    Good luck with rescheduling your tours!!

• 26 Mar 2007 Jason Ring said

Default_avatar

Call them and find out how full the tour is. Usually a tour gets cancelled because theres not enough participants. Good luck!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion