Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Australia and New Zealand with Contiki

15 Jun 2007 kicou said

Default_avatar
Hey everyone,
I've wanted to go to Australia since i was 12yrs old. Therefore, I have been looking at several Australia tours from all over the net. So far the Australia explorer from Contiki is the most appealing to me (it pretty much convers the whole country).
New Zealand is also a place I would like to go to. I'm planning on taking an Australia-New Zealand trip next summer after graduation.
My questions are:
1-Does Contiki give the oportunnity go to New Zealand from Australia for the tours? If so, how does that work.
2-Is is mandatory to fly with Contiki? Do I have the option to book my own flight to Australia?
  • 15 Jun 2007 kicou said

Default_avatar

Thank You very much for the informations

• 19 Jun 2007 kicou said

Default_avatar

Now i want to add Fiji to my trip. Doing Australia, New Zealand and Fiji is going to cost me about $6000 for the tours alone (50 days). Would you advice me to spend all that money for 50 days or try to find work in Aussie or New Zealand for about 4 months and visit the place while i’m working or just go for the trip?

• 27 Nov 2007 Anita said

Default_avatar

Hi!

I went to Australia and New Zealand with Contiki and loved every second of it! I went to Australia first and did the Reefs and Rainforest option. Right after my tour ended, I flew to New Zealand and started the Grand Explorer a day after. The tours were designed nicely that you could tack on tours onto other ones. Hope that helps! safe travels! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 2 Dec 2007 MattyT said

Default_avatar

I’ve been living in auckland for a few months now after leaving England for a bit, I’m leaving for the aussie Explorer tomorrow and then having NYE in sydney and going on the Scenic Southern with contiki it should be wicked. Unfortuneately I didn’t find a Contiki tour for Fiji but a company called Awesome Adventures laidf on a great package for me and everyone I met on it thought it was pretty good. It’s flexibnle and well thought out and you can just buy accomodation/transport passes and choose where you stay and for how long etc.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.