Community_discussions_small  

Comment

shipping things home...

8 Jun 2007 keerah said

Default_avatar
i am currently living in france taking some university classes and am then travelling to london to start the road to athens tour at the beginning of july. if possible, i want to ship a parcel home (with my textbooks or something) to canada prior to my departure on the tour. can this be done from the contiki basement or a post office nearby in london? it would just be great to not have to have some stuff with me in my suitcase on the tour!!

does anybody know if this is possible and the general cost?? (i know it probably depends on weight and size, but a ballpark figure???)
contiki moderator??
  • 9 Jun 2007 Kristi said

Kristi

I would definitely ship from France instead of London b/c it seems like everything is more expensive in London. Just be careful what you ship. I received everything I shipeed but the box was so beat up and falling apart and a friend of mine lost almost everything she shipped b/c her package opened and stuff taken out. Most places we shipped at were by size and I don’t remember spending too much money to ship

• 11 Jun 2007 keerah said

Default_avatar

ok thanks guys, thats good to know!! yeah i looked into meeting my tour at the paris hotel, but it was pretty much the same price to fly to london for the beginning (because of hotels and stuff) so its just as well that i start out with everybody else!! thanks again for the info!

• 12 Jun 2007 Miss Jane said

Miss Jane

Hey Guys
    I have sent stuff home from London before and if you are prepared to ship it (meaning it’ll take quite a few weeks) you’ll save a ton more money. You can send boxes 2kg and under for 10 pounds and they also have great rates if you are just sending a box of books. Similar to other offer. Ask for details at the post office.
    Surface mail or mail by ship is the chepaest option and if you send all the stuff at the beginning it’ll be there by the time you get home

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.