Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Moulin Rouge

11 May 2007 Leanne_in_Ontario said

Leanne_in_Ontario
Okay, this is probably a silly question but I have to know. I was looking at someone's pictures from Moulin Rouge, and there was a part with a water tank and snakes swimming in the water. Is this really part of the Moulin Rouge show? I'm honestly wondering if it's worth the 130.00 euros. I know it's all hyped up because of the movie, but can someone who's been there expand on what it's really like and if it's really worth it?

Thanks! Smiler
  • 11 May 2007 Going_to_Italy said

Default_avatar

There are no pictures allowed in Moulin Rouge, so whatever you were looking at wasn’t Moulin Rouge.
    There is no snakes or water tank in the show. I would highly recomend going to see Moulin Rouge. It’s a wonderful show.

• 12 May 2007 Curtis71 said

Default_avatar

The Moulin Rouge features a “cabaret” dinner show with lots of music and dance that is aimed to be sexually titillating. Check it out.

• 12 May 2007 JBCali said

Default_avatar

Here is the link for the Moulin Rouge website. You can watch a video clip of the show. And yes, there is a quick moment of snakes in a tank!
    http://www.moulinrouge.fr/html_gb/show_sommaire.htm

• 13 May 2007 getbak said

getbak

They take your cameras away at the door, so no one should have been able to take photos inside the show. That said, they didn’t pat anyone down on the way in, so it is possible that someone brought a camera in.

The show has nothing to do with the movie, so don’t expect that at all.

There really isn’t a coherent storyline through the show, but there are little acts throughout that try to tell a story. At one point, one of the dancers gets thrown into a water tank full of snakes and rolls around with them, acting like she’s getting attacked.

Whether it’s worth 130 Euro is a tough call. I’m still not sure. The food was good, the show was good, but 130 is a lot of money.

• 13 May 2007 Leanne_in_Ontario said

Leanne_in_Ontario
    quote:
    Originally posted by getbak:
    Whether it’s worth 130 Euro is a tough call. I’m still not sure. The food was good, the show was good, but 130 is a lot of money.

Agreed. Thanks everyone for your feedback. Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 13 May 2007 sue123 said

Default_avatar

Just so you know, you don’t have to go for the dinner. If you order the tickets not with Contiki, you can request just hte show, which saves something like 40 or 50 euro.

• 13 May 2007 Katie Kate 83 said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by getbak:

At one point, one of the dancers gets thrown into a water tank full of snakes and rolls around with them, acting like she’s getting attacked.

oh no! i have a massive fear of snakes – is there any warning before they are brought onto the stage or can you remember what happened just before they came out so i can look away? haha! otherwise things could get very interesting!!

thanks! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 17 May 2007 Tara said

Default_avatar

I thought Moulin Rouge was TOTALLY worth it!!! i saw it twice and would go back in a second to see it again! Yes it was a bit pricey, but would pick that over the "typical dinner’ in whatever country. The music, costumes, It’s amazing to see how many people fit on the tiny stage. There are mini horses. it’s almost magicial. Yes there is the part with the woman in the tank with the snake, but to see the huge tank come up from the floor just amazes you.
    It really wows you and you can’t see it anywhere.

• 17 May 2007 Bree 24aus said

Default_avatar

wow thats pretty expensive.
    (if 61 euro:$1 au = $213)

a friend who went on it said it prob wasn’t worth the money.
    except that (if its the first night of the tour) then you get to meet eveyone.

hmmm hard to say

• 18 May 2007 getbak said

getbak
    quote:
    Originally posted by Katie Kate 83:

oh no! i have a massive fear of snakes – is there any warning before they are brought onto the stage or can you remember what happened just before they came out so i can look away? haha! otherwise things could get very interesting!!

thanks! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

I think it’s an Egyptian themed part of the story and the woman who gets thrown into the tank has done something to anger the Pharaoh, so he throws her into the tank. I believe you see the tank start to rise out of the stage before she gets thrown in.

One of the women on my tour was also afraid of snakes and she actually left the theatre during the segment because she couldn’t handle it.

• 3 Jun 2007 Laura_83 said

Default_avatar

The way I see it… Will you ever go to the Moulin Rouge again? Yeah, it’s pricey but your on the other side of the world and unless I’m mistaken there’s only one moulin rouge in the the world! You get to hang with all your new friends from the tour and see a show you wouldn’t normally have the chance to see. Enjoy it!!

• 3 Jun 2007 Charlie said

Default_avatar

I just got back from Contiki in Paris…Now im not really into this sort of thing, but the Moulin Rouge was one of the best things ive seen in my life lolz…

Definitly worth the money, nice 3 course meal, a few bottles of wine and some champagne per table, and then get hammered at O’sullivans, the bar next to the Moulin Rouge lol, its awsome…

• 9 Jun 2007 Nora said

Nora

Didn’t like the actual show and the dinner was just okay but if you want to be social and spend time with the group then it’s a must since most people will sign up for it.

• 11 Jun 2007 Erin in UK said

Default_avatar

To be honest I think its a bit much to spend. The girls and guys aren’t actually as good at dancing as what you might think. I imagined perfectly timed dances but it was all over the place.

If you go to www.ninemsn.com.au/60minutes there was a story done on the Moulin Rouge and you can get an idea of what it is like from that. And see snake girl

Cheers

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion