Community_discussions_small  

Comment

living/ working in Uk before or after trip

3 Apr 2007 heidimay said

Default_avatar
Hey guys,
ive noticed that alot of people have mentioned staying in the Uk after their trips to work for a few months. I live in the UK not far from London and also go to Univeristy in York so if anyone needs any info on wheres best to go or anything else feel free to ask.

Heidi x x x
  • 3 Apr 2007 BecciW said

Default_avatar

Hi Heidi!

Thanks for your offer of advice, I might just bombard you with questions!

Besides London where are other good cities, towns etc to live/visit? Is there a lot of work in other areas of England or is London the best place for work and play?

Thanks again,
    Bec.

• 4 Apr 2007 heidimay said

Default_avatar

Hi Bec,

Bombard away! London is an amazin city but probably not the best place to live. it is very expensive accomodation and lviing costs. Im at uni in York which is lovely its like a smaller version of London, Leeds is only 10 minutes away which is bigger and great for night life. Northern Cities such as Newcastle and Leeds tend to have all that London has in terms of partyin and working ect just much cheaper. Brits say that people up north are alot friendlier and more welcoming, wen i moved up to york i found that to be true. If you do stay in London i would definitley advise a trip to York and Newcastle.
    Any other questions feel free to ask!

heidi x

• 4 Apr 2007 heidimay said

Default_avatar

Hey Beth,
    if its just like bar work or waitressing or something like that i shouldnt think you ll have a problem as there are literally hundreds of places like that in york. Also uni term finishes in June so most students would have gone back home. If it is just bar work your after the Yorkracecourse is really good, loads of my friends have got jobs there, there quite flexible with hours and take on loads of staff so its good way to meet people too. Harrogates also really near to Leeds if you cant get a job in york you could definitley get one in Leeds. Youve made the right choice coming to that part of the country its definitely my favourite!
    This is my email: heidimay17@yahoo.co.uk if you need any help or advice when your here feel free to email me. x x

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.