Community_discussions_small  

Comment

For all the shoppers....All the European groups & groupies that have bin before!

20 Jan 2010 Little_Amy said

Little_Amy
Im doing the European Explorer<BR>Ok I know that they advise about 100euro per day but if your anything like me I really need advise! <BR>I love to shop/love fashion/Im a killer for beautiful shoes...<BR>But Im at budgetting unless I have something to go off..<BR>So this is mainly directed at those shoppers that have travelled through Europe before....<BR>How much did you budget & did you buy much stuff ie. Clothes,Shoes,Bags ect ?<BR>If I was to over budget what do you think would be a rough figure... $1000, $5000 less, more... All feedback is good! Thanks heaps <BR><BR>-Amz- x
  • 11 Feb 2010 LauraM12345 said

LauraM12345
    quote:
    Originally posted by Little_Amy:
    Im doing the European Explorer
    Ok I know that they advise about 100euro per day but if your anything like me I really need advise!
    I love to shop/love fashion/Im a killer for beautiful shoes…
    But Im at budgetting unless I have something to go off..
    So this is mainly directed at those shoppers that have travelled through Europe before….
    How much did you budget & did you buy much stuff ie. Clothes,Shoes,Bags ect ?
    If I was to over budget what do you think would be a rough figure… $1000, $5000 less, more… All feedback is good! Thanks heaps

-Amz- x

Hey Amy,

having traveled EXTENSIVELY through france (aka mostly Paris) I can say there i a LOT of potential shopping. so yeah, you can potentially spend a sh*t load on clothes/bags/shoes. however, there are some real deals throughrout europe! I am going to be bringing around $1000 with me for my trip. Honestly, its much better to go and spend your money on excusions. Yes, there is fantastic shopping, but you have limited time, and (as much as a shopping fanatic as I am) its best to just focus on the sights! Definitely do some shopping in paris though, there are some AMAZING clothing stores, and not bad prices! enjoy your trip!!!!!

• 23 Feb 2010 jen :) said

jen :)

Hey Amy,

I have to agree with Laura. I did 6 weeks in Europe last year(4 weeks on the European escapade and two on my own) and while I am a big shopper as well, if you haven’t been to these places before you will be blown away by the sights and things to do, and will want to spend less time shopping. I chose to buy one unique thing from each place i visited, and am pretty happy with the things I got. Maybe if I went back I would spend more time shopping since I’ve already seen alot, but for the first time I would just take it all in Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 24 Feb 2010 Danki said

Danki

Hi Amy

Not sure where you are from, but when I spent time in Europe, I found most things were on par with the aussie dollar – like is something cost AU$20, you would pay 20 euro for it – obviously this didnt work in my favor!!!

• 24 Feb 2010 aymeh! said

Default_avatar

I love to shop…i was in Europe for 4 weeks last year & brought home ALOT of stuff and came home with a little under half of what i took over for spending money. Depends though if you are a huge brand name shopper you will obviously be forking out alot more

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.