Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Concept tour question

20 May 2009 AP said

Default_avatar
I noticed the recommended packing list suggests taking a torch, bug spray and toilet paper. Is that required for a concept tour, or only for the camping tours?

Am doing the european escapade if that helps, im not keen on taking more than I need so would appreciate any advice on whether those items are needed. I may take some toilet paper, but the other items ie: torch and bug spray seems odd if you are staying inside.
  • 20 May 2009 Kritta said

Default_avatar

I think a lot of the concept tours stay in cabin type accomodation, generally at camp sites. Therefore you probably need to walk outside to get to the bathroom etc, so at night a torch might be a good idea. As for bug spray, again the same thing probably useful for when you are staying in cabins.

My advice would be to check through the accomodation for each night of your tour and decide if they will be worth it. I am going on European highlights in September and I am planning on taking all these things – you never know when you might need them!

• 20 May 2009 Richard said

Default_avatar

I did a concept tour a couple of years ago and when you are staying at the campsites, you are staying in cabins but most have the washrooms in a separate building.

Also with reagrds to bug spray, I remember there being a need for it at the campsite in Venice as it was pretty bad there.

Hope this helps

• 21 May 2009 tiny_dancer said

Default_avatar

Hi AP,
    I would def reccomend all of the above, the torch, bug spray and toilet paper.
    The torch comes in v. handy whether you are bunking with only one other person or in a hostel with dozens. … When you want something out of your suitcase at 2 in the morning and everyone else is asleep, much nicer than turning on the light. (Get a little l.weight LED keyring one about $2 if you are worried about weight and size.)
    Bug spray … I would reccomend “bushmans” good for all those european bugs … great for if you want to have a couple of beers outside of a night time and you wont get eaten alive by mozzies.
    … Toilet paper … mmm maybe not a whole roll i just take some pocket size tissues instead. You never know when a public toilet (in high demand in tourist areas – like anywhere in the world) may run outta paper. … Just much nicer to be prepared.
    Mel.

• 21 May 2009 Mel said

Mel

when you say bug spray.. do you mean aeroguard to keep the mozzies away or bug spray that kills those creepy bugs around the house (well cabin etc)
    coz im taking aeroguard but not bug spray.. do i really need that???

• 21 May 2009 tiny_dancer said

Default_avatar

… yeah just the aeorguard. I’m sure you have thong to squash anything else as needed, lol.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion