Community_discussions_small  

Comment

New York Hotel

18 Mar 2009 Pervy said

Pervy
Anyone know anything about the New York hotel changing from the Marrakesh to the Milford Plaza? Any info on this would be cool. If it's true i'll have to change some bookings i've made.
  • 18 Mar 2009 BigMal said

Default_avatar

my booking has changed. And the tour is now departing from the hotel. So i would say its official.

At least my tour is in September.

• 18 Mar 2009 Cassie said

Default_avatar

i hadnt heard anything and ive alrerady paid for it. hopefully i get my money back!!!!

• 18 Mar 2009 Kimmibub said

Kimmibub

Hey Pervy how did you hear about the change in hotel?

• 18 Mar 2009 Pervy said

Pervy

Hey BigMal, how did you find out it had changed?
    Kimmi I read about it on the facebook group for the Northern.

• 18 Mar 2009 Pervy said

Pervy

Hey Tazzie, i’d say it will depart from the Milford if thats the hotel they are using. I’ve been told it has changed but if it affects us our travel agent should have been in touch. So i’m not 100% sure it will affect us or not. I wrote again asking if it will but still waiting for a reply. From both Contiki and my travel agent.

• 19 Mar 2009 Kimmibub said

Kimmibub

Hey was in contact with my travel agent today- it was news to her regarding the change in hotel. She emailed Contiki about it and contiki confirmed of the change, but am still unaware as to when the change takes place Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 19 Mar 2009 Pervy said

Pervy

As long as the contiki acommodation we booked for after or before the tour gets transfered then i’ll be happy.

• 19 Mar 2009 Kimmibub said

Kimmibub
    quote:
    Originally posted by Pervy:
    As long as the contiki acommodation we booked for after or before the tour gets transfered then i’ll be happy.

Me too!!!

• 19 Mar 2009 BigMal said

Default_avatar

it may be only certain departures are affected? Without official contiki word it is hard to tell.

All i know is that the tour i am on Sep 18th GN it has been changed.

My Travel Agent emailed me regarding it as she was advised when she gave them my final payment. if you booked direct, give contiki a call. If you booked through an agent just ask em.

• 19 Mar 2009 Katie_83 said

Katie_83

Just got my tour documents today and spoke with my travel agent and yes I am staying in the Milford Plaza.
    I am doing the Grand Southern and Grand Northern tours, I don’t know who else this affects. The travel agent didn’t know why there was a change.
    Quite frankly I’m happy as I’ve heard bad reviews on the Marrakech from people that have stayed there, not to mention tripadvisor!

• 27 Mar 2009 Oz83 said

Oz83

What about the best of usa hotel? i have booked for a night after the tour at the contiki hotel does that change? Hope it does the new hotel looks so much nicer!!!!

• 27 Mar 2009 BigMal said

Default_avatar

i dunno if they are using beacon any more for many new tours coming up. They have finished their refurb and have upped their prices accordingly!!

looks soooooooo good now.

• 6 Apr 2009 Chelle said

Default_avatar

i heard the best of USA is the Beacon.. .hope so anyway

• 6 Apr 2009 BigMal said

Default_avatar

anyone been to the milford yet and can say if its any good or not. also if it has a laundry!

• 6 Apr 2009 Pervy said

Pervy

Hey Mal, haven’t been yet but had a look at the Milford site and it says it has Additional guest services include:Laundry / dry cleaning
    Just not sure if this means you pay for them to have it done or if you can do it yourself.

• 13 Apr 2009 Lenny1987 said

Lenny1987

yeah it changed like a fortnight ago. I don’t know why, the reviews I have read of the new one the Milford are terrible, just about the quality of the cleaning and things like that. It’s in a better location, in regards to it’s closeness to other attractions.

quote:
    Originally posted by Pervy:
    Anyone know anything about the New York hotel changing from the Marrakesh to the Milford Plaza? Any info on this would be cool. If it’s true i’ll have to change some bookings i’ve made.

• 7 Jun 2009 Alexi85 said

Alexi85

hey guys,

I’m going on the Best of USA tour and I have booked the Hotel Beacon for 2 extra nights after the tour ends in NY. Can anyone tell me if i booked the right hotel? I’m really worried i got the wrong one now.

Also does anyone know if the hotel while still on tour with best of usa contiki is the beacon when we arrive to NY from vegas
    or will it be another hotel? just wanna know so that i can arrange transport to my hotel if out tour ends somewhere else in NY.

• 16 Jun 2009 scott-australia said

scott-australia

hey people,
    im doing GN tour on the 4th sept but im booked to stay in the marracech is this the right place? i was reading some other posts and it seems things have changed since i have booked.can you please let me know. Thanx

• 16 Jun 2009 bengal_77 said

Default_avatar

Scott – Contiki have changed hotel to the Milford Plaza

• 17 Jun 2009 scott-australia said

scott-australia

thanks for the reply mate

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion