Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Cell Phone in Europe

25 Jul 2010 Explorer1182119 said

Default_avatar
Hey guys,

I noticed a lot of people bring their cell phone in Europe. Mine wont work because my cell phone provider's network (Telus) is not compatible in Europe.

Is a cell phone really necessary? I am going to the Discovery tour for 12 days and then I'm traveling with my boyfriend throughout Eastern Europe for 4 weeks. Should I buy a cheap cell phone that would work in Europe or can I do without it?

Tnx!
  • 25 Jul 2010 AstroPhys said

Default_avatar

Depends on who you ask I guess.

If you want to make phone calls back home your best bet is to buy a good calling card and use a pay phone. If you travel with a laptop you can get a really great rate using skype to call home. If you want to talk to a loved one back home you can use skype-skype for free.

A cellphone really is not necessary for most people. There were a few people on my trip last June that would call home and friends back at home every day and be on it for 30 minutes to an hour. For me it’s not much of a vacation if I have to call home all the time or have friends calling me. But some people have not left home before and get homesick.

Make sure at all times you have your “oh-****-sheet” which has the phone number and address to all the hotels in case you forget how to get back to the hotel.

• 25 Jul 2010 ptooma said

Default_avatar

I concur w/ Astro … ^

- Vic

• 26 Jul 2010 Explorer1147179 said

Default_avatar

What said above and my 2 cents..email

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.