Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Travelling Alone

12 Nov 2006 ReneeH said

Default_avatar
I am planing on doing the European Discovery in Feb 2007 and am a little nervous as I am travelling alone for the first time. Is it easy to meet new friends or is everyone in couples or groups of friends? Has anyone got any tips?
  • 1 Feb 2007 Bridget001 said

Default_avatar

Going on a contiki tour alone is not scary at all!!! I went on a tour alone and about 60% of the people on the tour were traveling solo. I think it’s easier to meet new people when you’re travelling alone.
    I’ve even met people i’m still friends with.

So don’t be scared!!! Wink<!--graemlin:;)-->

Barbara

Barbara

• 7 Jul 2007 Jen-Jen said

Default_avatar

I’m doing the European Encounter alone in mid-August and I CAN’T WAIT!

I’d personally prefer to do it alone, but the only thing I’m worried about is that I’ll get lost when I’m out drinking in the wee early hours of the morning. So I hope there will be some friendly European locals who will point me in the right direction :P

J (Australia)

• 2 Mar 2009 FrankieLady said

FrankieLady

I am considering doing a Europe Contiki in May 2010 (I know, ages away…) and I was MEANT to be going with a friend who now says she can’t afford it… so instead of giving up I’m going to go by myself… I have had a few friends and friends of friends go by themselves and they thought it was just as great as friends of mine that have gone in groups or couples.

Is there nearly always a couple of singles on the tours?

• 30 Jun 2009 Amber said

Default_avatar

Hey i’m also thinking about going solo in May 2010. I’m very nervous but sick of people bailing so i figure i’ll just go for it.
    Is anyone else thinking of travelling at that time?

• 1 Jul 2009 Explorer1120663 said

Default_avatar

Although I am not travelling at the same time as you I’m also travelling alone. From my past solo experience it is really easy to find a group of people that you fit in with.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion