Community_discussions_small  

Question

Moulin Rouge vs Nouvelle Eve?

20 Jan 2009 Little Miss Kate asked

Default_avatar
Hi guys,

I am doing a European Contrasts tour at end of June, and was after some advice about which cabaret to choose in Paris...

I am torn between going to Moulin Rouge (because it is an icon etc) or going to the tour optional (since it is the first night, and chance to meet tourmates etc)

Has anyone got any feedback on if the Moulin Rogue is worth the price tag, general comments on their experience and suggestions on which would be the better way to go?

Thanks Smiler
  • 20 Jan 2009 Bradleyc123 said

Bradleyc123

I think travelling all the way to Paris and not seeing the Moulin Rouge is crazy.

You may aswell goto Las Vegas and see the Eiffel Tower!

Plus Moulin Rouge has like a 10 metre anaconda and a hell naked (almost) chick wrestles it in a glass swimming pool!!!

• 20 Jan 2009 Bradleyc123 said

Bradleyc123

My tips are:

See Moulin Rouge,
    Get there early,
    Obviously prebook tickets – 89 Euro.

Dont go see it by yourself.
    As it is a not so nice neighborhood afterall!

Its about a 10 minute walk from Nouvelle Eve i think.

Try meet some other people going on your tour prior to your tour leaving, and organise a group booking.

By emailing Moulin Rouge direct they will sit you all together, then you can split a cab home afterwards (about 60 euro away from the campsite per cab).

Brad

• 23 Jan 2009 Kristen M. said

Kristen M.

I went on Euro Vista and the cabaret show was also on our first or second night of tour. Everyone went to the Nouvelle Eve show and it was worth it. It seems expensive, but you get a great meal, wine, and dessert for that price, plus the show is fun. The Moulin Rouge is just across the street from Nouvelle Eve so you can take pictures and stuff from the outside, which is really what most people really want to do anyway. also from what I understand, the price of the Moulin Rouge show doesn’t include dinner.

• 26 Jan 2009 Aussie_Meghan21 said

Default_avatar

Hi Kate,
    I went to Paris in 07, and the Moulin Rouge show was fantastic, so i highly reccommend it!
    I went to the 11pm show, which did not include dinner, only drinks, so me and my friends grabbed a quick bite to eat before going.
    Hope that helps!

• 26 Jan 2009 Kayleigh L Degraw said

Kayleigh L Degraw

haha B-rad….he was on my tour!!! (love from kayleigh) i went to go see nouvelle eve and though it was good i really wanted to see moulin rouge and regretted not seeing it….i agree with brad if you are going to Paris see it. you don’t want to go home with regrets!…ohhh and beware of see-through phone booths those are a killer when your drunk…..Wink<!--graemlin:;)--> have fun, Paris was by far my favorite city!

• 26 Jan 2009 Bradleyc123 said

Bradleyc123

oh feeling the love kayls!

thanks for the back-up.

the only downer about doing moulin rouge is you dont get to mingle and hang with your newly met tour mates as Paris is usually the first stop of your tour.

But dont miss Moulin Rouge, and the Anaconda wrestling half naked chick, woot!

Its like going only up the eiffel tower only to level 1!

Brad

• 26 Jan 2009 JohnYYC said

JohnYYC

I was also on the same tour as Brad. I also went to see Moulin Rouge and I am glad I did. Also watch out for the pickpockets after the show Wink<!--graemlin:;)-->

• 27 Jan 2009 Daniel88 said

Default_avatar

Def see Moulin Rouge! Out TM said thats the best outa of the two

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.