Community_discussions_small  

Comment

How far From Anaheim to Laguna beach and Newport

17 Oct 2007 brooke said

Default_avatar
Im going to have a couple of days in LA before the Best of USA tour starts next year, just wondering if any one knows how far it is to get to Laguna beach and also Newport beach from Aneheim, also is their good transport to get you to those places? thanks brooke Smiler
  • 18 Oct 2007 brooke said

Default_avatar

Thanks for replying, ill be 20 when i go so i dont really want drive in a different country, im from australia. Too much of a hassle, im sure their would be buses ????

• 18 Oct 2007 brooke said

Default_avatar

Sweet as thanks heaps!!!

• 19 Oct 2007 tarachristine88 said

Default_avatar

Hey Brooke,

I was just in Cali for a couple of days before i did my LA Scene tour and Western Highlights tour. I loved Newport & Laguna beaches so much that i went there twice. I would recommend booking yourself on a day tour. The first one that i went on showed you around Newport and took you past the highschool where the OC was filmed, and took us to Fashion Island, a cruise showing us famous people’s houses who live in Newport and of course the beaches. I loved that tour so much that i went on another one which was a hop on/ hop off tour that did a loop around Laguna, Newport and Huntington beaches.. it cost $40, but it was well worth the money, considering how long it took to drive out there and back. so i wouldnt recommend hiring a car since your only 20 (i was 19), my opinion is that you’ll have a great time on the day tours!! Plus, they do give you as much time as you want at the beaches… i was at laguna from 11 till 6!!!

• 19 Oct 2007 brooke said

Default_avatar

Oh really that sounds soo nice, definately will hop on one of those tours, did u get a public bus out there or?

• 20 Oct 2007 Davo said

Default_avatar

Hey what are the age restrictions of renting a car in The US? and price ? if anyone knows! Do newport and Laguna have a good night life?

• 20 Oct 2007 ptooma said

Default_avatar

Cheapest car rentals in N America from my own experience is Enterprise.

- Vic

• 21 Oct 2007 Davo said

Default_avatar

Thanks Matty
    My biggest concern is driving on the other side of the road, may accidently turn left instead of right.
    What is free poured? Do they just top up your drink for free if you give them a good tip?

• 23 Oct 2007 Davo said

Default_avatar

oic, so good tipping may lead to double shots at the price of single shots?

• 24 Oct 2007 Kristi said

Kristi

The best drink you can get for the price in my opinion is a long island iced tea or a tokyo iced tea (my fav). May be a little more expensive but FULL of alcohol (I don’t think the tokyo iced tea has anything but alcohol)

• 24 Oct 2007 tarachristine88 said

Default_avatar

Brooke and Lozachops:

I can’t remember the name of the company unfortunately.. but no, it wasn’t a public bus, it was only for those who had paid. The first tour i did was for quite a large group (about 40 of us) but the second one was in a smaller bus and only 6 were on it! If you are staying at the Best Western Stovalls in Anaheim (which most people seem to do!) then just go to the lobby and check out the brochures they have, or ask at the desk for day tours to the OC. Hope you have fun, I would LOVE to go back! Just found out that i scored a place on the Eastern Discovery tour in December though, so im very excited for that!!

Tara Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 24 Oct 2007 brooke said

Default_avatar

Great thanks for that info!

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.