Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Travel and Health Insurance!

10 Feb 2010 Mrs Jay said

Mrs Jay
I have paid for the tour but now I'm wondering if I should of gotten travel insurance along with health insurance. My tour is March 19 - April 1 anyone think I should try and get it or should I not?
  • 10 Feb 2010 ptooma said

Default_avatar

Unless your home country and destinations have sufficient reciprocal health care agreements, you need it … peace of mind. And then there’s the trip delay coverage and other incidentals as well.

- Vic

• 11 Feb 2010 Blocky said

Blocky

I’d say get it, its not that expensive and covers you for pretty much everything that can go wrong. If you do decide to get it I’d buy online rather than through an agency, it was almost half the cost! If your in Aus check out www.travelinsurancedirect.com.au

Hope this helps.
    Sarah.

• 14 Feb 2010 cdm115 said

cdm115

It’s worth it to look into what health insurance you have currently.

My old HMO would cover me as long as I had a bill and it was an emergency (something you would go to the er for at home).

Also, the credit card you use to pay for the trip may cover emergency evacuations.

Of course anything you do that is inheritantly stupid and gets you hurt might not be covered with any health insurance plan.

• 9 Mar 2010 Mrs Jay said

Mrs Jay

I have another question,

The husband and I would like to know how the Contiki bus works. For example: in Rome on the 2nd day where in the city does the bus drop you off. Is it close to the Vatican?

• 10 Mar 2010 cdm115 said

cdm115

If the itinerary for the day mentions the Vatican it is likely that there is a drop off there and most people will be going there in an organized fashion.

However, on my tour our 2nd day in Rome was a non-bus day for our driver. On both the first day and the 2nd day we actually took the train into and back from the city (we did not pay for that) as a group, guided by our TM. On the 2nd day we all went to the Vatican together and did a tour.

• 12 Mar 2010 Mrs Jay said

Mrs Jay

When in Paris what time do we go to the Nouvelle Eve Dinner and Show? I see they have different times. Do we pick or is there a set time for Contiki travelers?

• 14 Mar 2010 cdm115 said

cdm115

The time should be set and you’ll find out the time from your TM that day or the day before.

• 19 Oct 2012 Bubblej said

Default_avatar

Travel insurance is a no brainer for me. If I lose my luggage, my flight gets cancelled, I get sick etc I am covered. I paid $300NZD for 22 days in the USA and even if nothing happens it will be worth every penny. If ANYTHING happens I have a number to call and people to help me. I’ll have enough to worry about with being alone in a strange country, so it is peace of mind.

• 27 Oct 2012 ldodsy said

ldodsy

The golden rule is, if you cannot afford travel insurance then you cannot afford to travel.
    Shop around and see who offers the best deal for you, the insurance also covers you for personal liabilty as well.
    With the last tour I did with Contiki and a few other companies along with my up coming tour I am doing they request your travel insurance details.
    If you do not end up using it then great, but if you do find yourself in the position of delayed flights, stolen cash, credit cards, sickness etc the list goes on and on.
    GET TRAVEL INSURANCE!
    Most policies also cover you if you need to cancel your trip due to unforseen circumstances.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.