Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Bus Question

29 Jun 2010 Explorer1192588 said

Default_avatar
I hear music is always playing. I want to be able to listen to my iPod. Am I going to have to blare music into my ears in order to drown out the bus music? How loud is it, etc?

Cheers
  • 29 Jun 2010 AstroPhys said

Default_avatar

I was on a brand new bus and the music was loud enough to where you couldn’t sleep even with ear plugs. You will probably have to crank your iPod to cover the music, unless you or someone else walks to the front of the bus to have them turn it down. Also, our tour manager would talk sometimes up to 3 hours straight.

• 29 Jun 2010 Explorer1192588 said

Default_avatar

thanks for the response. i imagine if it was that loud, people would just ask for it to be turned down, no? or did some want it that loud and others didn’t?

• 29 Jun 2010 Kelsey said

Kelsey

On my bus the music was quiet enough that you could sleep. I was also able to listen to my iPod at a normal level. I also found that the music was quiet when a lot of people were sleeping and was louder when most people were awake. You should have no problems with it.

• 30 Jun 2010 Bek said

Bek

You can buy noise cancelling headphones which are specifically designed to filter out ambient sound. They can be absurdly expensive, though.

• 30 Jun 2010 cdm115 said

cdm115

Usually in the morning when people are sleeping it’s fairly mellow and quiet. If you’re coming back from a night on the town it will be loud. If people find it to be loud just ask to have it turned down. How it’s set will depend on the TM, but they’ll usually change it when asked.

• 2 Jul 2010 AstroPhys said

Default_avatar

I’m pretty sure noise canceling headphone will not do much except for drowned out the sound. Your head is 3-4 feet from the speaker above you.

The worst part isn’t just the music it’s the fact that some tour managers talk hours, I’m not sure if they do this in hopes that giving you and overload of information will help when it comes to tipping them or if they just like the sound of their own voice. I personally find it impossible to sleep with loud music or loud talking coming out of a PA system.

• 3 Jul 2010 Chrissy14 said

Chrissy14

I was on a tour and had no problem with sleeping on the bus, listening to my ipod or the music being too loud. The only times when it got loud was our wake-up song to actually get people to wake up as we were coming up to a destination or we were about to go to a club or something and we were getting pumped up.
    I think it really just depends on your tour manager. Therefore you can’t really tell whats it going to be like until your actually on it.

• 29 Jul 2010 leisioz said

Default_avatar

i havent been on a european tour but my nz tour was good they only played music lightly unless everyone wanted it turned up and then the tour manager let us pick what it was.

• 1 Aug 2010 NaHdz said

NaHdz

I think the reason they talk to so much is because they have so much passion for what they do, they’re a wealth of knowledge and I learnt a lot Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 2 Aug 2010 Explorer1147179 said

Default_avatar

^^I agree with NaHdz Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.