Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Las Vegas Optionals

18 Jan 2007 Pervy said

Pervy
On which night do you do the Splash Cabaret ?Is it the first night you get into Vegas or the second night?I'm thinking of doing a night helicopter flight over the strip instead.
  • 18 Jan 2007 Pervy said

Pervy

Oh I forgot to say i’ll be on the Grand Northern tour if that helps.

• 18 Jan 2007 PinaI said

PinaI

Ours was on the first night but this could be different for each tour. Wonder if you could find out from Contiki direct based on the tour you are doing?

• 24 Jan 2007 TigerKat said

Default_avatar

Hi all

What shows would any one recommend we see while in Vegas? We are staying at the Tropicana instead of the Contiki dump and there is an exotic cat/magic show and a showgirl show – we want to see both. (Cant go to Vegas and not see showgirls… the 10pm version!)
    Is there perhaps a website we can check out whats showing?

Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> Kat

• 24 Jan 2007 Pervy said

Pervy

Hey Kat, i’m not sure what type of shows to go and see but try this site www.vegasview.com It seems to list most of the stuff going on under the shows heading in the top right hand corner.Hope this helps. Oh an answer to you question about Splash, yeah it’s an optional that contiki does. It’s not to bad. I wasn’t going to do it on my Wild Western but I ended up doing it just to hand out with everyone from the tour.

• 24 Jan 2007 PinaI said

PinaI

I didn’t have any major dramas with the hotel in Vegas. Most of the motel-type accommodation in America (and even some here in Australia) have the door facing the parking lot.

I must admit when I got there I didn’t think of security as an issue at all…until cdm115 just mentioned it!

I’m sure they have stayed there with many many groups, all without issue and the hotel is perfectly fine…perhaps not just to everyones liking.

• 24 Jan 2007 TigerKat said

Default_avatar

Well I’ve heard a mixed review of the Contiki Vegas hotel, mostly negative and the way I figured it is who knows when I’ll be back in Vegas so why not stay there in a bit of style. As it turned out the Tropicana was the cheapest of the ‘themed’ hotels down the Southern end of the strip… as they say “when in Rome…”

Thanks for the tips on vegas shows – will look into and sus it all out.
    Is there anything else worth doing while there?

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.