Community_discussions_small  

Question

which is the greatest city in Australia?

9 Jul 2009 Explorer1142436 asked

Default_avatar
I love Sydney , and I love Australia.

In my mind, Sydney is the greatest city in Australia.

So what's the greatest city in your mind?

Default_avatar

SYDNEY for sure!! Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

i do also love QLD.

• 9 Jul 2009 Cherie said

Default_avatar

melbourne kicks arse!

• 10 Jul 2009 lozzib said

Default_avatar

Melbourne – by far better than Sydney!

• 10 Jul 2009 Lil_Nyss said

Lil_Nyss

like alot of people.. people will tell you Melboure.. esp people from sydney, for example i live in melb but travelled to other austrailan states and one time in sydney on aus day weekend, i was stopped and told ‘exuse me.. ur from melb and your HERE?!’ haha..

melbourne/victoria has great food, great people, beaches, landmarks, clubs, pubs, shops, sporting events, music events, you name it.. all happening here Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->..

hope that helps!

• 11 Jul 2009 aussie liz said

Default_avatar

Im an aussie, and I live in Brisbane. Brisbane is good for the weather coz its nice and warm in summer and its not as cold as the southern states in winter…though this winter has had some really freezing days.

Out of Sydney and melbourne, id definately say melbourne by a mile!!! I dont know why, i guess the culture and stuff…sure sydney has the opera house, but its more congested etc…

• 20 Jul 2009 Treece said

Treece

What about poor old Adelaide? Everyone pays it out, I know, but has anyone actually been there? It is the most beautiful city! I’ve been to all of the cities and Adelaide wins out every time for stuff to do (there is always a concert on somewhere), pubs, friendlieness of people and general asthetics (LOTS of parks/trees etc). Shopping is good too.

• 21 Jul 2009 EM. said

Default_avatar

melbourne. the culture. the nightlife. theres something to do 24 hours a day.

• 16 Aug 2009 Explorer1147602 said

Default_avatar

Ive been to all and nothing beats Melbourne. The people are friendlier and there is more variety of things to do and see.

• 26 Aug 2009 lizzie said

lizzie

Sydney is definatly the best, fantastic shos, great culture and so much to do and see summer and spring is beautiful weather and the beaches are devine! Only down sight is it can get very crowded… that just proves how fantstic it is though haha

• 30 Aug 2009 Leah82 said

Default_avatar

Melbourne is the best by far…

• 10 Sep 2009 Sarah1983 said

Default_avatar

Sydney is the best. It’s Australia’s only true global city. We have amazing beaches on our doorstep, a beautiful harbour, the most iconic landmarks, plenty of places to visit (zoos, harbour cruises, museums, aquarium, the new indoor zoo, football games, art galleries, theatres, concerts, Olympic Park etc), great shopping (Oxford St, QVB, Galleries Victoria, MLC Centre, Pitt St. Mall, Double Bay, Newtown) and great nightlife.

Just outside of Sydney you have the Blue Mountains, the Central Coast and the Illawarra region, all are pretty nice. Our climate is great too.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion