Community_discussions_small  

Question

going out clothes?

16 Jan 2007 scape asked

Default_avatar
just wondering what the dree regs are over in europe, is it colled shirt in the clubs and pants, or can ya get away with jeans?
cheers
  • 7 Feb 2007 Vivz said

Default_avatar

I work in a nightclub. All nightclubs what you –“DRESS TO IMPRESS”. Some clubs will have strict dress code policies which apply at the door. Some wont let you in with sneakers (unless its the most ridiciously expensive kind), no singlets (for men) in some clubs, and definately no steel-cap shoes.
    Jeans are always fine. But incase you are wanting to club somewhere more fancy in Pairs. Include some more nicer clothes. Smiler<!-graemlin::)—>

• 7 Feb 2007 ptooma said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by Erin77:
    singlets?

a.k.a. … tank top … much Aussie/Kiwi lingo to learn young Grasshopper !!!

- Vic

ps: stay AWAY from the Vegemite !!!

• 8 Feb 2007 sue123 said

Default_avatar

If you’re going to wear jeans, get a pair in a dark wash. It looks trendier, you can also wear them during the day and they’re still just as comfortable.

• 8 Feb 2007 Doll-Doll said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by eastboca:
    quote:
    Originally posted by Erin77:
    singlets?

a.k.a. … tank top … much Aussie/Kiwi lingo to learn young Grasshopper !!!

- Vic

ps: stay AWAY from the Vegemite !!!

Vegemite…yes..I was fortunate enough to live with Auzzie when I was in Oz and they taught me how to eat Vegemite properly…lightly skim the bread..hehehe

• 9 Feb 2007 Kylie85 said

Default_avatar

i dont know about male clothes but i am going to take one, probably two nice night time dresses and a pair of heels.
    If I were you I would take a couple of nice shirts for going out, try to get wrinkle free ones eh?

• 10 Feb 2007 Bree 24aus said

Default_avatar

I smother vegemite on like peanut butter Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 12 Feb 2007 Tonym said

Default_avatar

About the clothes:

Jeans are alright for most clubs….Don’t wear sneakers though. Some bars/clubs might not let you in if you wear them .

And Nutella is the best! Eat it every morning!Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 13 Feb 2007 NatalieAnne said

Default_avatar

Whats the go with girls wearing shorts to clubs/bars in Europe? Its pretty much what us girls in Oz wear out clubbing in the summer, but in Europe??

• 13 Feb 2007 sous said

Default_avatar

sorry, back to vegemite again..try mighty mite..has a better texture than vegemite and at least its still aussie made and OWNED (unlike vegemite..)

• 14 Feb 2007 Lizzie... said

Default_avatar

ADAM MACD

you dont have to miss it.. take it with you!!

• 15 Feb 2007 Lizzie... said

Default_avatar

ADAM

it’s processed…you will have no problem in taking it… everyone does it!

• 15 Feb 2007 Kylie85 said

Default_avatar

off topic, but yeah you can definatley take vegemite overseas.. no probs.
    and tim tams.. yummy.. i done it many times before..

you can buy both in Canada but i didnt realise that when i decided to move there Wink<!--graemlin:;)-->

• 17 Feb 2007 JOJO1983 said

Default_avatar

Hey,

I should prob ask the laundry forums about this one, but I guess our going out clothes will stink of smoke etc, like they always do after going out. Hmmm, might just wear the same jeans!!

Go Vegemite, but dont think i will bother taking it with me.

• 18 Feb 2007 Doll-Doll said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by Kylie85:
    off topic, but yeah you can definatley take vegemite overseas.. no probs.
    and tim tams.. yummy.. i done it many times before..

you can buy both in Canada but i didnt realise that when i decided to move there Wink<!--graemlin:;)-->

Kylie85…you mention that you can buy both Vegemite and Tim Tams in Canada….do let me know where…I have seen Vegemite, but not the Tim Tams…and when I came back from Oz I brought Tim Tams back and my family fell in love with them and they would love it if I could get more…If you know where, please let me know.
    Thanx

• 19 Feb 2007 JOJO1983 said

Default_avatar

HAHA, im just up for trying to get this the longest forum without actually talking about the topic…

Maybe i should take my vegemite! Do they have good breakfasts on Contiki, because if its just toast, i definately will need vegemite! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 19 Feb 2007 Span83 said

Default_avatar

I think I might have to take a jar of Vegemite too!! I live on the stuff. As for those who say it is gross, they are eating way too much in one hit!!

• 19 Feb 2007 >!< liisa >!< said

Default_avatar

Oh yeah! Vegemite is the best in the WORLD! an acquired taste to all you non aussie people! I agree with the smothering, but you gotta love it to be able to handle it that thick!

Re: the clothes issue…will i seriously be able to get away with jeans in clubs? this is the best news!! as for tops though…how cold is it at night? and how dressy should tops be? from experience i try not to take my best after having alcohol spilt on me several times…

• 20 Feb 2007 ptooma said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by Nicky83:
    It puts a rose in every cheek!!!

But you forgot the start… “were happy little vegimites as happy as can be, we all enjoy our vegemite for breakfast lunch and tea, our mummys say were growing bigger every single week, because we love our vegemite..” yeah Adam said the rest!

I always wondered what the lyrics to the Aussie national anthem was.
    Thanks for the enlightening us.

Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.