Community_discussions_small  

Question

16th August- 28th August. Starting in Madrid. Who's going?

7 May 2008 Explorer1099155 asked

Default_avatar
My friend and I are going on this tour wondering who else was? Smiler
  • 28 May 2008 LindsSoCal said

LindsSoCal

My friend and I are also going on this tour. Can’t wait!!

• 2 Jun 2008 Explorer1099155 said

Default_avatar

Oh cool. So where are you guys from? And how old are you? Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 15 Jun 2008 Jen1986 said

Default_avatar

Hey, I’m going on this trip too Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->. I’m 22 and I’m from Canada (Toronto).

• 24 Jun 2008 Explorer1099155 said

Default_avatar

Yayy will be a fun trip!

• 10 Jul 2008 Frankie W said

Frankie W

I’m going. You guys better be fun.

Frank.

• 17 Jul 2008 LindsSoCal said

LindsSoCal

My friend and I are 24/26 from Los Angeles… so exited!

Would anyone be interested in doing a bullfight on Sunday the 17th? There is an optional excursion to Valley of the Fallen, but a bullfight could be cool too. Not sure if anyone has an insight/experience on them.

• 17 Jul 2008 Frankie W said

Frankie W

L.A…nice…my buddy and i just graduated from usc…i’d DEF be down for a bull fight…shoot me an email when ya get a chance: fwalton@usc.edu

• 22 Jul 2008 Explorer1087783 said

Default_avatar

my name is lee and im 22. on this trip from south africa.first time travelling on my own but cant wait to meet you guys. Razzer<!--graemlin::p-->

• 28 Jul 2008 LindsSoCal said

LindsSoCal

Hey Frankie…

I am an SC grad myself (2006)… GO TROJANS!

Not long now… only 19 more days!

• 29 Jul 2008 Explorer1108420 said

Default_avatar

What’s up guys. I’m Adam from Chicago. I’m also going to be on this trip and looking forward to it. Is anyone going to be arriving in Madrid early? I’m flying in on the 12th and don’t really know what I am going to do yet. Let me know if you are in the same situation and want to meet up. Otherwise I’ll meet you guys on the 15th.

• 4 Aug 2008 Frankie W said

Frankie W

i still need that bullfighting info

• 4 Aug 2008 LindsSoCal said

LindsSoCal
    quote:
    Originally posted by Frankie W:
    i still need that bullfighting info

Hey Frankie… there really isn’t any info… I think we just buy the tickets when we are there… I haven’t really done anymore investigating because I was going to wait till we got to Madrid to talk with our tour guide and other people.

• 5 Aug 2008 Frankie W said

Frankie W

i found this – looks like we’ll be in Madrid on a Sunday night…i def want to try to check this outBullfight

• 7 Aug 2008 Explorer1109260 said

Default_avatar

Hi! I’m traveling alone to Madrid on the 15th and was wondering if anyone else was flying out of New York City (JFK) at 7pm? Can’t wait to meet everyone. And I’m in for the bullfighting!

-Traci

• 9 Aug 2008 Frankie W said

Frankie W

i realize this is kind of late in the game, but has anyone looked at the reviews for the hotel in barcelona? here’s another link…there’s no chance i’m staying in a roach infested hotel. Hotel

my buddy and i are getting to barcelona monday morning, so i’ll take a look…anyone hear anything different about this place?

• 11 Aug 2008 Jen1986 said

Default_avatar

Hey. I also saw those reviews, let us know what the place is like.

• 14 Aug 2008 Explorer1087783 said

Default_avatar

hey traci.one more day for me.south africa sooo far from anywhere. ill be in madrid early on sat 16th. but am sure that ill miss everyone at the airport.im a little nervous that the taxi driver takes me for a ride and over charges me. im up for a bullfight have been told that its quite xpensive.anyhow safe travels to you all.see yuo there.lee

• 14 Aug 2008 Jen1986 said

Default_avatar

Hey Lee, I get in on Saturday morning as well. What time do you arrive in Madrid? I arrive at 9:35am and I plan on taking the metro in, it’s only 1 euro and pretty straightforward. See you all soon!

• 15 Aug 2008 LindsSoCal said

LindsSoCal

Hey everyone. My friend and I have been here since Thursday.

Just a word to the wise… the Metro is pretty straightforward (but it actually costs 2 euro)… but BE CAREFUL… we almost got pick pocketed. Some guy started grabbing my bag like he was moving it out of the way.. then another one did… then some guy dropped some papers and bent down near my bag… luckily i knew what to look for as I have heard about this before and was able to yell no and they went away.

Anyway.. see you all tomorrow! It is beautiful here… we had a great day walking around.

• 15 Aug 2008 Jen1986 said

Default_avatar

Thanks for the advice, I will definitely watch out for that.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.