Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Turkish Delight- 25 September 2010

3 Apr 2010 Jess-D said

Default_avatar
Hi Everyone!,

I am doing this tour.. by myself and heading to Egypt when it is finished!.. very excited, wanted to go to both Turley & Egypt for ages!
I haven't heard one bad thing about Turkey.. so am getting more excited by the day!
  • 29 Apr 2010 sarah_A said

Default_avatar

Planning on going on that tour – will be travelling solo as the majority of my friends are all teachers.

• 11 May 2010 sabe said

sabe

Hi! I’m going on this one myself as well! So excited Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 20 May 2010 Jess-D said

Default_avatar

I can’t wait!!! I’m so excited!!!! Big Grin<!--graemlin::D--> So where is everyone from?

• 26 May 2010 TarafromNS said

TarafromNS

Jess, I am considering doing the same two tours as you – how are you traveling from Turkey to Egypt (airline?)? The flights are killing me right now so I am trying to figure out different alternatives.

• 28 May 2010 Jess-D said

Default_avatar

Hi Tara,

Sorry, I have been fighting with this website for days to be able to write back to you!

I am flying – I booked a round trip ticket from
    Brisbane – Brisbane – Istanbul – Cairo – Brisbane. I am going with Turkish Airlines – affiliated through Emirates – leave the day of the 2nd, which is the day the Egypt trip starts.
    My airfare to Cairo from Istanbul was $240.
    What other alternatives have you come accross?

• 19 Jun 2010 MOe said

MOe

Hello All ,
    Ive booked this tour too , my 1st solo with contika SO EXCITING Big Grin<!--graemlin::D--> , am engineer 27 PLEASURE to meet you all Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->
    Mohamed Aka MOe

• 19 Jun 2010 sabe said

sabe

Hi Jess! (and everyone else who will be going) I’m from Toronto, Canada!!
    Can’t wait – a bit nervous about going by myself, plus it’s my first Contiki – but getting more excited day by day!

• 19 Jun 2010 MOe said

MOe

Oh yah forgot to say Hi Jess Sabe sarah tara Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->
    am original half saudanese half egyption but living and working in bahrian

• 19 Jun 2010 sarah_A said

Default_avatar

Hey Sabe,

I’m also from Toronto. Looking forward to the trip. Is anyone staying extra days before/after the trip?

• 19 Jun 2010 MOe said

MOe

am thinking to add 3 extra days and visit Antalya before heading to egypt to meet a freinds then back home

• 20 Jun 2010 sabe said

sabe
    quote:
    Originally posted by sarah_A:
    Hey Sabe,

I’m also from Toronto. Looking forward to the trip. Is anyone staying extra days before/after the trip?

cool, small world! are you flying directly to Istanbul? I’m flying through London, so on the after breakfast our last day on the tour, I’m spending most of the day in Istanbul since my flight out isn’t till the evening

• 20 Jun 2010 Jess-D said

Default_avatar

Hi everyone Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

I am arriving the night of the 24th – so will have the day of the 25th in Istanbul.

I am leaving for Egypt on the 2nd of October, pretty much straight after the tour finishes.

I am staying at the Erbil Hotel where the tour leaves from, so if anyone is going to be around it would be great to meet up and have a look around before the tour Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 21 Jun 2010 akshay said

Default_avatar

hello every1…im considering this trip…not sure if i ll do september or august… have all of u booked ? i intend to stay for an extra day or 2….exploring istanbul….and if any1 else is interested we can coordinate a short trip..

• 22 Jun 2010 sabe said

sabe
    quote:
    Originally posted by Jess-D:
    Hi everyone Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

I am arriving the night of the 24th – so will have the day of the 25th in Istanbul.

I am leaving for Egypt on the 2nd of October, pretty much straight after the tour finishes.

I am staying at the Erbil Hotel where the tour leaves from, so if anyone is going to be around it would be great to meet up and have a look around before the tour Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

I should be getting into Istanbul by noon on the 25th, I think my flight leaves at 6am or something from London, so I’m up for exploring during the day if you’re around Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 23 Jun 2010 akshay said

Default_avatar

hello sabe…how ru… well i might come in a day earlier and leave a day later…i wish to explore istanbul beyond the tour…. if ur interested we can join in and do some exploring and chillin…

• 24 Jul 2010 sarah_A said

Default_avatar

Getting in on the 25th a little after 1pm. Connecting through Amsterdam. I will be staying 2 extra nights in Instanbul after the tour, anyone else?

• 29 Jul 2010 Cali Lili said

Default_avatar

Hi Everyone!

I just booked this tour! Going solo and I’ll be arriving the night of the 24th and staying an extra night.

Anyone else going be around? I’d love to meet up.

• 2 Aug 2010 Jess-D said

Default_avatar

Hi Cali Lili,

I arrive on the 24th as well, and would liek to meet up and have a look around.

I will send you a private message with my email/facebook.. might be easier that way!
    Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 13 Aug 2010 Anthea said

Anthea

Just booked my trip! I’m from from LA, can’t wait Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> Still have to book my flight this week…kind of a last minute trip decision. I think I’m gonna stop somewhere in Western Europe before or after, not sure what’s good.

• 18 Aug 2010 Stas said

Default_avatar

Any travelers from Chicago?

Should I set up FB page for our group?

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.