Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Big Apple Explorer... 25th November 08!!

24 Jun 2008 *Sarah84* said

Default_avatar
Hey guys... just wondering if anyone is doing the BAE on the 25 Nov 08?

Im from Australia and will be travelling on my own so would love to chat and get to know you all!

Thanks Smiler
  • 25 Jun 2008 AEOW said

Default_avatar

yea i sure am its gonna be sooooooooooo awsome are you booked in to go?

• 25 Jun 2008 kylie03 said

Default_avatar

hey, im booked on this tour too. Where abouts in Australia are you from?

• 26 Jun 2008 *Sarah84* said

Default_avatar

I am so excited… a little scared but really excited!
    Yeah i booked a couple of days ago… also heading to Vegas and LA after the BAE – no tours just winging it! Are you guys finishing in NY or heading somewhere else?

Im Sarah btw and im from the Gold Coast, QLD.

• 26 Jun 2008 kylie03 said

Default_avatar

I finish in NY after doing the Grand Southern. I have about 4 or 5 days in NY before heading home. I am excited too and wish time would go quicker! I’m travelling on my own also.

Default_avatar

Hey Kylie, The Grand Southern will be a great trip… im staying in New York 1 extra night. Will this trip be your first contiki holiday?

Default_avatar

Yeah, this trip os my first contiki trip and the first time overseas by myself. I did Europe and parts of Africa with a friend in 2005. How about you? first contiki trip?

Default_avatar

Yeah first Contiki and first big overseas trip… i have been to Fiji and on a Cruise before. Its going to be so awesome… have been wanting to go to the US for so long – cant believe im actually doing it!

Default_avatar

i know what you mean, i’ve always wanted to do the US but for some reaon I always put it off but this time I actually booked and paid for everything. I think it will feel so surreal when i am actually there!

Default_avatar

yeah same… i just got over trying to wait for someone to come with me so thought what the hell – just book it and go! no backing out now!
    are you worried about the weather and how cold it will be when we are there?

Default_avatar

exactly! and i knew as soon as i booked it, it would motivate me to save. I am worried aout the weather actually. i think it’s going to pretty damn cold which will definitely be a change from Australia. I’m hoping to see snow somewhere!!!!! when do you arrive in NY?

Default_avatar

yeah i think it will be too! it will just be like a wind tunnel in NY. I dont want to pack too much but i dont want to be uncomfortable either. I arrive on the 24th about 5pm… you?? i cant get accommodation at Marrakech on that night though so looking for somewhere else close by!

Default_avatar

The Grand Southern tour finishes on the 24th so I have no idea what time we should be arriving. I’m staying at the Marrakech.Let me know if you can’t find anywhere and we could maybe share the room for the night or something?

Default_avatar

oh great thanks… i’ll keep you posted. are u staying at Marrakech after the tour?

Its so nice to be able to chat to someone who is going… thanks heaps!

Default_avatar

I’m not staying at the Marrakech after the tour. I managed to stay at the Chelsea Star which is a hostel in a superior Queen room with a private ensuite for a lot cheaper than the Marrakech, about $220 cheaper!!! It is good to get to know people before you go on the tour so you don’t feel so alone. By the way, how old are you? I have spoken to about 4 or 5 people who are doing the BAE tour. Do you have facebook?

Default_avatar

wow… thats a big saving! nice work!
    Im 23… will be 24 on the 28th Nov… you?
    thats really cool… yeah i have facebook… email address is sarah_dee84@hotmail.com if you want to add me?? Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Default_avatar

cool, cool. i’ve added you to my facebook. I have also created a group for the BAE tour.
    I’m 27. so your birthday will be when we are away?! awesome!

• 27 Jun 2008 Explorer1085990 said

Default_avatar

yay I’m on this one as well Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 27 Jun 2008 AEOW said

Default_avatar

woooooooooo this is gonna be so much fun cant wait what is it about 5 months to go

• 28 Jun 2008 kylie03 said

Default_avatar

yep 5 months to go but less than 4 months til i leave. yay!!!

• 7 Jul 2008 Katy said

Katy

hi guys
    im katy from melbourne andi think i am alos going to book for this tour before i start the grand southern tour, i’ll only be 18 on the trip but looking foward to meeting you all
    Katy

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.