Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Rheinfels Castle in St. Goar, Germany

4 Sep 2008 Nyclizzo said

Nyclizzo
I was just doing some research on St. Goar, which I will be going to during the European Magic tour. I know that there is a wine tasting optional, but I was wondering if it was possible to go to the Rheinfels Castle. Not sure how far away it is from where I will be staying. Any advice would help!
  • 4 Sep 2008 jess said

jess

I was wondering the same thing. I’ll be doing the Euro Discovery in a couple weeks.
    I’d like to take a tour of the castle when we are in St.Goar. Has anyone done this?!

• 4 Sep 2008 Nickerz said

Nickerz

Hi, i did Euro discovery tour last year & we arrived in St Goar late afternoon. We had time to check-in to our rooms, have a stroll around the streets & along the river & then get ready for dinner. After dinner you go into the wine tasting tour(highly recommend & buy more than one bottle its worth it! Especially the ice wine!) then up & off to a Stein tour, some time for a bit of shopping then on the bus. You may be able to just squeeze in a tour but maybe one of the moderators can help out more on timings you’d need for the tour Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 4 Sep 2008 cdm115 said

cdm115

I did the european discovery tour too. We left Amsterdam around noon and got to St. Goar in the late afternoon, early evening. There was a little bit of free time before dinner and the wine tasting. That free time seems like the best chance to do a tour there, depends on how late the castle is open.

• 4 Sep 2008 Kim84 said

Default_avatar

I did the impressions tour last year and we arrived late afternoon, went to a few shops (beer steins, etc), but our hotel was out of time, in a rural area where we had dinner and then wine tasting, so prob no time to see the castle…

• 5 Sep 2008 jess said

jess

What if I skip the wine tasting? The castle is open till 6pm

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion