Community_discussions_small  

Comment

london & Paris trip

29 Jan 2008 nvj4 said

Default_avatar
I am looking to do the london & Paris 8 day trip and want to know the best time weather wise to go. I was thinking of going end of April/ beginning of May of 2009, any advise?
  • 29 Jan 2008 Curtis71 said

Default_avatar

Yeah I did the London / Paris / Amsterdam trip (which is the same as London / Paris for the first 2 cities) in mid-May. I found I should have packed more shorts.

I think you’ll be comfortably warm. It probably won’t be stinking hot like July.

• 13 Apr 2008 helena said

Default_avatar

hey ya, im doing this trip in mid june so ill let u know how it goes! ive heard the weatherw ill be warm as! cant wait!

• 14 Apr 2008 Az said

Default_avatar

I don’t remember much of last week, let alone last year, but I’m pretty sure August was warmer than May. It generally is and it doesn’t really start getting cold until October. Also, the weather recently hasn’t been all that good, and really doesn’t look like it will be getting any better (snow and heavy showers recently). I would highly advise coming here in July/August over April/May

• 23 Apr 2008 Mmkay said

Default_avatar

I did London and Paris May 25-31, 2007, and I was glad to have brought two pairs of jeans. In fact, since it was very cold and absolutely pouring most of our time in London, I wish I’d brought three pairs, since the first two got soaked by our third night. Since the smoking ban hadn’t gone into effect then, they reeked of smoke too. The day trip to Stonehenge and Bath was freezing, windy, and downpouring. It also rained a lot in Paris, although there were more breaks in-between the downpours. I packed a dress for the Moulin Rouge and a pair of black capri pants. I was fine, but if I had to do it over again, I’d bring a pair of those very lightweight pants that dry quickly. Jeans just don’t!

I wouldn’t rely on shorts too much, but 1 pair wouldn’t hurt.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.