Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Grand Southern July 22 2010

14 Feb 2010 commodoreben said

Default_avatar
Anyone on here from the Gold Coast or Brisbane area doing this tour and want to meet up before the tour? Im getting into LA a few days early and then Im doing the New York Explorer after the Grand Southern.
  • 16 Feb 2010 Megan said

Default_avatar

I’m going on this date but from the UK. I’m arriving into LA on the morning of the 21st, staying in New York 2 days at the end of the tour.

• 18 Feb 2010 commodoreben said

Default_avatar

I look forward to meeting on the tour Megan some aussie’s and pom’s should make it allot of fun

• 21 Feb 2010 matt said

Default_avatar

Hi, im matt im from brisbane and going on this tour. also la explorer before on the 14 then the ny on the 17 if you want to chat msg me. matt goodluck

• 19 Mar 2010 Bree said

Bree

Hey, Im from Canberra and going on this tour. I will be in LA from the 19th and not sure where I’ll be staying (still trying to decide). Thinking about doing my own thing once in New York, but keen to know what others are doing, as I’ll be traveling solo.
    Keep in touch. Bree Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 29 Mar 2010 Littleamy said

Littleamy

Hey, Im from New Zealand and my sister and i are going to be on the Grand Southern departing 22nd July, Very excited about it all!! We are spening a couple of days in LA and NY at either end of the tour. We are just doing our own thing

• 12 Apr 2010 Janice said

Janice

Hi Guys,

I have just booked to go on the Southern Adventure tour that links up with yours at the start so thought I would say hello!! I’m travelling solo as well so would love to hear from some of you beforehand – I’m from Northern Ireland by the way so I’ll be throwing some Irish into the mix of Aussies and Poms Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->!!

Janice

• 16 Apr 2010 Explorer1177972 said

Default_avatar

Hi, Im from the Gold Coast me and my sister are doing this tour.. Cant wait

• 10 May 2010 Trugs said

Default_avatar

Hellooo!

I will be joining you all on this tour, staying a few extra nights in New York and then I’m going to study in San Diego for a semester. I’m 21 travelling solo from Melbourne.

Looking forward to meeting you all!

Kate

• 10 May 2010 Jelly_Bean said

Default_avatar

Hi guys – I’m on this tour flying over from the UK. Arriving in LA on the 20th and planning on staying in the hotel in Anaheim – if anyone else is going to be there and would like to come sightseeing or to one of the parks before let me know. I’m also doing 3 nights in NY at the end for anyone who is sticking around Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 12 May 2010 Megan said

Default_avatar

Hey Jill
    I’m doing the same tour and I’m from the UK Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->
    I’m not arriving til the 21st (in the morning) but I’m staying in the LA hotel. Then I’m staying in New York til the night of the 18th! Where are you flying from? xxx.

• 12 May 2010 Jelly_Bean said

Default_avatar

Hey Megan

Yay, another Brit! I’m flying from Newcastle via London, get to LA about lunch time on the 20th. We should meet up in LA when you get there. Have you found a place to stay in NYC yet? I’m thinking of booking the Pod Hotel, had friends stay there and its supposed to be nice xx

• 13 May 2010 Megan said

Default_avatar

Do you have facebook Jill? I think I’m staying in the Contiki hotel in NY cos my Mum has stayed there a few times. Not too sure yet though. What date are you flying back? xxx

• 13 May 2010 Jelly_Bean said

Default_avatar

Hey Megan, I am on facebook, my id is jill.tubbritt (anyone else who is going on the trip too feel free to add me!). I’m flying back on the evening of the 19th – was meant to be the 18th but the TA made a mistake so an extra day to go shopping! Where are you travelling from? xx

• 14 May 2010 Janice said

Janice

Hi Jill,

I’m doing the Southern Adventure that starts along with the Grand Southern so will be on the same bus as you. Just noticed that you talked about going sightseeing on the 21st – I hope to do that too, although I’m staying in the downtown hotel in LA but travelling solo so would be cool to meet some people beforehand?

I hope to arrive on the 20th night so will have all of the 21st to look about.x

• 15 May 2010 Jelly_Bean said

Default_avatar

Hi Janice – yeah I’ve been to LA before but not sightseeing, I’ll either do Disney or a tour or something. I arrive midday on the 20th so plenty of time to get over the jet lag!
    Where are you travelling from? xx

• 15 May 2010 Jelly_Bean said

Default_avatar

Hey guys I saw some of the other trips had created a facebook group for their trips so I have made one for the trip on 22nd July, search for ‘Grand Southern July 22nd’. Will be easier to communicate than this forum Wink<!--graemlin:;)-->

• 17 May 2010 Janice said

Janice

I’m flying from Dublin Jill via New York then on to LA, should be in LA around early evening time. Will check out that Facebook page!!xx

• 20 May 2010 Erin said

Default_avatar

Hey guys!

There seems to be quite a few Gold Coast/Brisbane kids coming along! My sister, my bestie and I are gonna add to the QLD crowd Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> We’ll be in LA from the 19th…

• 26 May 2010 Kath said

Default_avatar

Hey guys,
    I am also on this tour, only doing the southern adventure part of it though..
    I’m 21 and travelling solo from Melbourne, I’m also doing a semester of uni in San Jose California after the tour!
    Should be heaps of fun Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 30 May 2010 Naomi said

Default_avatar

Hey Guys,
    Im also doing this tour. I’m from Sunny Coast in Aust. I will be arriving in LA on 20th, staying at the contiki hotel. Looking forward to meeting everyone. Getting excited, not long to go now.
    Will check out the facebook group too.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.