Community_discussions_small  

Comment

overnight cruise

19 Oct 2008 ashlie said

Default_avatar
Hi, <BR>just wondering about the overnight cruise in Milford sound, that we go on in the Grand Explorer trip. does our luggage go on board? or are we required to have a small overnight bag for the trip? i'm not really planning on bringing a backpack at this stage. i have an over the shoulder bag perfect for during the day, but dont think it would suffice for putting clothes & toiletries in.<BR>Any suggestions?
  • 20 Oct 2008 ptooma said

Default_avatar

Overnight bag required.

- Vic

• 2 Dec 2008 Emmamc87 said

Emmamc87

Is this the same for the scenic southern tour?

• 2 Dec 2008 ptooma said

Default_avatar

NZ, Australia, & North American tours are Modulated Tours. ie: Scenic Southern, Explorer, Adventurer are the same tour group, except some participants have a shorter tour. So to answer your question, yes, everyone that tours the south island does the same tour with the same restrictions.

- Vic

• 10 Dec 2008 DreamerGirl said

DreamerGirl

take small overnight bag or even a plastic bag with your stuff in it. for my overnight cruise i took:
    bathers, toothbrush, soap, clean undies, jumper, singlet.
    i wore on me:
    jeans, skivvy, cardigan, thongs, hat, scarf, leggings
    in my normal bag i had:
    suncream, camera, money etc.

and be warned: it gets FREEZING with the wind.

• 18 Mar 2009 ausipet said

ausipet

hey guys – i’m doing the scenic southern on 30th march – i’m obviously going on the milford wanderer,also.. so what happens with our luggage while we’re on the boat then, seeing as though we’re only taking an overnight bag on?? also – will there be swimming involved, at this time of the year???

• 18 Mar 2009 ptooma said

Default_avatar

Suitcases stays locked under the coach.

- Vic

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.