Community_discussions_small  

Comment

overnight cruise

19 Oct 2008 ashlie said

Default_avatar
Hi,
just wondering about the overnight cruise in Milford sound, that we go on in the Grand Explorer trip. does our luggage go on board? or are we required to have a small overnight bag for the trip? i'm not really planning on bringing a backpack at this stage. i have an over the shoulder bag perfect for during the day, but dont think it would suffice for putting clothes & toiletries in.
Any suggestions?
  • 20 Oct 2008 ptooma said

Default_avatar

Overnight bag required.

- Vic

• 2 Dec 2008 Emmamc87 said

Emmamc87

Is this the same for the scenic southern tour?

• 2 Dec 2008 ptooma said

Default_avatar

NZ, Australia, & North American tours are Modulated Tours. ie: Scenic Southern, Explorer, Adventurer are the same tour group, except some participants have a shorter tour. So to answer your question, yes, everyone that tours the south island does the same tour with the same restrictions.

- Vic

• 10 Dec 2008 DreamerGirl said

DreamerGirl

take small overnight bag or even a plastic bag with your stuff in it. for my overnight cruise i took:
    bathers, toothbrush, soap, clean undies, jumper, singlet.
    i wore on me:
    jeans, skivvy, cardigan, thongs, hat, scarf, leggings
    in my normal bag i had:
    suncream, camera, money etc.

and be warned: it gets FREEZING with the wind.

• 18 Mar 2009 ausipet said

ausipet

hey guys – i’m doing the scenic southern on 30th march – i’m obviously going on the milford wanderer,also.. so what happens with our luggage while we’re on the boat then, seeing as though we’re only taking an overnight bag on?? also – will there be swimming involved, at this time of the year???

• 18 Mar 2009 ptooma said

Default_avatar

Suitcases stays locked under the coach.

- Vic

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.