Community_discussions_small  

Comment

HEATHROW vs. GATWICK

19 Feb 2008 Staceylainey said

Default_avatar
I'm flying into London this June (Euro Highlights June 16). What's the difference between the two? Why is it so much cheaper to fly into Gatwick than Heathrow??
  • 19 Feb 2008 Hipjaz, the canuck from the T-Dot said

Default_avatar

heathrow is the main airport, gtwick is a bit further out. from heathrow, there is a nice train that takes you straight to the stop you need to get off to get to imperial or the royal national, it’s about 15- 20 mins from the airport to where the hotels are

• 19 Feb 2008 Chris1982 said

Chris1982

Heathrow is the larger of the two airports, it has all the major air-lines while Gatwick has all the charters mostly. I flew into Heathrow last summer, the Tube connects up to it nicely, I also took the Train from Paddington station to Heathrow when leaving. Kind of expensive but it got me to the airport quickly Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> Gatwick is a little farther out, I believe you have to take the train in.

Have fun in Europe Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 25 Feb 2008 Jonno1985 said

Default_avatar

if you want a true travel experince go to heathrow lol its a madhouse there!!!

• 28 Feb 2008 GC said

Default_avatar

haha heathrow is definitely a madhouse.. imagine when your travel partner gets deported cause she doesn’t have the right paperwork!!! eek. i personally don’t like heathrow because of that experience but it is convenient in its location to get you to central london.

• 28 Feb 2008 Alex said

Alex

If you’re flying into Heathrow Terminal 5 after March 2008, it should be nice (hopefully) and better to get through since it’s their brand new terminal. The others are simply a mess – but I agree the location is perfect, just hop on the Piccadilly Line to central London (cheapest option).

• 1 Mar 2008 TAL said

Default_avatar

Just a question…. So is it about 10-15 minute travel time from Heathrow Airport to Royal National Hotel? What is the quickest transport to get to the Hotels?

• 2 Mar 2008 cdm115 said

cdm115

It’s actually more like 50 minutes to an hour to get to the Royal National. Quickest might depend on the day and time. At rush hour the tube would be the quickest way.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion