Community_discussions_small  

Comment

evening clothes for bars/partying in feb...

13 Jan 2011 Rob1982 said

Default_avatar
ok so im doing beaches and reefs from the middle to the end of feb where i know its the peak/tail end of the aussie summer so i expect to be wearing shorts, t's, and flip flops during the days when its quite hot out... but what about evenings? does anyone know what sorts of bars/clubs we go to? do i need to 'dress up'? when i say dress up i mean jeans, a slightly nicer top, and proper shoes? ive heard contiki-ers parrrrrty at nights... i dont wanna be the only idiot who didnt bring the right clothes... any thoughts and/orsuggestions on february bar evening wear?
  • 13 Jan 2011 NaHdz said

NaHdz

We generally like to dress up to go to clubs in the cities, like party dresses and heels but you can wear jeans and a nice top for sure, just whatever you’re comfy in Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> As for the small town pubs..anything goes! haha

• 19 Jan 2011 Dawzy09 said

Dawzy09

depends were ur going but most places do not allow thongs or any type of beach wear into clubs so something nice is alright to wear and u’ll probably fit in better at the clubs that way cause most ppl like dressing to go out.

• 31 Jan 2011 Erin said

Default_avatar

Guys need to have long pants, collared shirts and proper shoes (anything without big ‘skate’ laces is Ok) at some of the stricter places. Girls are OK in most clothes but as above, no beach wear unless it’s a really casual bar during the middle of a week day. As soon as you get to the popular nights or the big clubs they bring in restrictions. Guys usually get refused entry in anything less than jeans, nice shirt and proper shoes… even in the ridiculous summer weather. Most of our nights cool off a fair bit though, even if its 40 deg during the day, as soon as the sun goes away it goes down to about 20-25 deg at night.

If youre doing a beach trip you might want to consider bringing a big jumper to throw on over your boardies/singlet as the wind off the water can be pretty cold some days, especially as the sun starts to set.

Regardless, even when us aussies dress up, we’re by no means the cologne bathing, jewellery clad, high end fashion people you might see across Europe. “She’ll be right mate” “No worries” etc… or however our slang is popularised overseas is usually pretty spot on ;) Except… you probably wont see a kangaroo anywhere near our beaches… an exchange student I once had thought we rode them to school….. we are semi-civilised even if we are pretty behind the rest of the world ;)

Oh.. and everywhere in Australia, even the beaches is non-smoking/non-littering and there are patrols who can hand out on-the-spot fines.

Oh.. and everywhere in Australia, even the beaches is non-smoking/non-littering and there are patrols who can hand out on-the-spot fines.Have an awesome trip! :)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.