Community_discussions_small  

Question

approx arrival time in london after tour ends?

10 Nov 2008 Julia and Ian asked

Julia and Ian
hey guys-not sure if there has been any other threads on this...just wondering what is the usual time the contiki bus arrives back in london after a tour? I'm sure that it changed..but would be cool to get an idea
Big Grin thanks!
  • 12 Nov 2008 Bliss Madonna said

Bliss Madonna

i did the winter wanderer tour nov/dec last year and we arrived back at the royal national hotel around 5ish. had enough time to check back into the hotel, have a shower and meet everyone for dinner and drinks at the london pub just downstairs.

• 17 Nov 2008 melaniet said

Default_avatar

i agree with ptooma. i was really glad i didnt schedule my flight back home the same night i got back to london. you are typically due to arrive in london in the early evening, but they dont make any promises. on my tour there was some delays and we ended up getting back to london a couple hours later than planned. one girl had scheduled her flight for that evening and she was so close to missing it that when we got to london the tour bus actually made a special stop to let her off near a closer tube station so she could get to the airport. the people who fly back out from london also tend to go out together the last night so if you leave youll miss the last time you guys can go out as a group.

• 18 Nov 2008 Kirijane123 said

Default_avatar

def dont book it for the same day…the french went on strike the day our tour ended so we couldnt even get the calais-dover ferry back so ended up having 2 get an 8hr ferry from the netherlands…nevertheless we got back to the royal national at 11.30pm that night….wasn’t a fun day…

• 7 Dec 2008 Explorer1117237 said

Default_avatar

what about train trips after the tour? My tour ends in London, and I need to get down to Dartmouth….Is it a bad idea to plan on a train ride after the tour? Or should I just get a hotel?

• 7 Dec 2008 Bradleyc123 said

Bradleyc123

Hi,

We missed the ferry from Calais to Dover and had to wait 2.5 hours haha

We ended up after racing another Contiki bus back to the Royal National at about 8pm.

• 11 Dec 2010 Felicity88Yu said

Default_avatar

Oh noooo! I wish I read this before I booked my 10pm flight out of London for the last day of the trip! The information given to me said a 6pm arrival time, so I thought it was safe.
    Maybe I have to resort to taking a flight from Paris straight into Heathrow on the last day…

gah.. facepalm

• 11 Dec 2010 Karina88 said

Karina88
    quote:
    Originally posted by Explorer1211395:
    Oh noooo! I wish I read this before I booked my 10pm flight out of London for the last day of the trip! The information given to me said a 6pm arrival time, so I thought it was safe.
    Maybe I have to resort to taking a flight from Paris straight into Heathrow on the last day…

gah.. facepalm

Can you change your flight to the next day?

• 11 Dec 2010 Nathan said

Nathan

I guess I’m in the same boat as you Explorer1211395…

I finish my European Explorer tour in London anywhere between 4pm and 7pm and my flight from London departs at 10:15pm. I guess I’ll have to give my goodbyes quickly Eeker<!--graemlin::eek:-->

• 12 Dec 2010 Felicity88Yu said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by Karina88:
    quote:
    Originally posted by Explorer1211395:

gah.. facepalm

Can you change your flight to the next day?

I really can’t… it costs too much to change (I booked online through www.ebookers.com). Plus my post-trip plan is pretty much set in stone now and if I change my flight I’ll have to change my accommodation & etc
    basically chaos ensues..

• 12 Dec 2010 Felicity88Yu said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by Nathan:
    I guess I’m in the same boat as you Explorer1211395…

I finish my European Explorer tour in London anywhere between 4pm and 7pm and my flight from London departs at 10:15pm. I guess I’ll have to give my goodbyes quickly Eeker<!--graemlin::eek:-->

Yeah, just to be on the safe side I decided to book a flight direct from Paris to Heathrow. It was about 59 euros, cheaper and faster and more direct than eurostar!

I’m not sure about your trip but mine ends on the 21st of January. Winter weather generally means more chances of delays happening, so I’m feeling a little extra cautious.

• 13 Dec 2010 Nathan said

Nathan

Hi Explorer1211395.

That’s a pretty good idea! I think I’ll end my tour in the optional city, Amsterdam (which offers a free transfer to the airport, arrival at around 10am) and catch a flight from Amsterdam to London.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion