Community_discussions_small  

Question

Small Digital Camera's, bulkier DSLR camera's or both?

7 Jun 2009 Kweenz asked

Kweenz
Hi guys!
I have to say, I LOVE taking pictures! Some of my friends call me a paparazzi Smiler (I'm not that bad LOL). I will defenitly be taking my camera on tour, but should I bring my smaller, les expensive digital camera (that won't take great night pictures), or my bulkier, more expensive Canon DSLR camera (which will take great night pictures)? I'm torn LOL. Maybe I should bring both? Which cameras have y'all taken in the past???
Thanks Big Grin
  • 7 Jun 2009 BigMal said

Default_avatar

take both.

the DSLR for the good outdoor landscapes and then the small P&S for the going out stuff.

thats what i did last time and definately doing it again this time. But must try and make sure i dont take to many lenses!

• 7 Jun 2009 Kweenz said

Kweenz

Thanks for the reply Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> I will be taking both. But the thing is, I want to take the dslr when we go to clubs, I think regular digital cameras don’t capture the beautiful décor of most clubs since it’s very dark inside. Is it a bad idea to bring the dslr out at night? I’m from Montreal and have never taken it to clubs… Maybe I shouldn’t start while on tour huh? LOL

• 8 Jun 2009 cdm115 said

cdm115

I would be cautious about taking a dslr to a club. If you really want to, leave it for a night when you don’t plan on doing much drinking and will be able to act responsibly for the camera. It’s easy to lose a camera when you’ve been drinking, or just bang in into something and break it. Otherwise I would really just stick to a smaller one.

• 9 Jun 2009 Mwarp said

Mwarp

My boyfriend and I are doing the Grand Southern in September/October. I’m bringing a good Canon compact and a video camera, whilst my boyfriend is bringing his DSLR which he just bought a really good lens for – it has eliminated the need to bring 3 other lenses now. If I were you, I’d bring both if you have the room and it’s not too much to carry around. The DSLR would be far better for sightseeing photography, whilst you’d be better off with a good quality compact for clubs and whatnot

• 30 Jun 2009 Callie said

Callie

I would definately take you slr, but I wouldnt be taking it out to clubs. When I did the grand southern one of the girls on my tour lost her camera. Luckly it was only a small one. We left at 7:45am the following morning, therfore she didnt have time to lodge a police report. Because she didnt lodge a police report she couldnt claim it back on travel insurance. Not only did she loose all her photos, she also had to buy a new camera out of her holiday spending money

• 4 Jul 2009 nichbri said

Default_avatar

I’m taking both my DSLR and compact camera. Definitely take the SLR!

• 12 Aug 2009 skaifie said

skaifie

i took both and didnt have a problem with lugging them around

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.