Community_discussions_small  

Question

optional excursions- worth it, how much?

9 Oct 2009 c.dot asked

Default_avatar
hey there, planning on going the 30 day european panorama and just wondering how much i need to budget for each one and which ones are worth it/not?? around how much is each of the excursions? any help would be great, thanks!
  • 24 Oct 2009 Corkers said

Default_avatar

I just did the European Inspiration. I partook in almost every excursion, and it cost me about $30 US total.

They were all worth it, especially whitewater rafting in Austria, going up the mountain in Switzerland, the bike tour in Munich, and the Moulin Rouge. If you really don’t like to drink and hate partying, don’t do the nighttime “I Spy Berlin” tour (it’s basically a pub crawl with a little 20-minute history lesson).

• 27 Oct 2009 Vic said

Default_avatar

Hi I would do Moulin Rouge it is a bit pricy but worth it, the whitewater rafting is great and the as said before the mountains in Switzerland.

• 1 Nov 2009 Megsy said

Megsy

at the end of the day you make the trek to Europe saved your ass off (or begged and borrowed) why wouldn’t you do them all?
    i did EVERY since optional extra cos the chance i would be that country on contiki to do that optional extra again just wasn’t going to happen. plus at the end of the day at least you can say ‘yeah i did that and it was fab or bust’
    How heart broken would you be if everyone comes back and tells you how great something was and you weren’t there?

btw i loved everything i did, maybe the only thing i was disappointed with the white water rafting and thats only cos our day out the water wasn’t that rough on the water, which would have made for a more nail biting experience but the views on the river are out of this world and i would have been so upset if i missed it

• 7 Dec 2009 tessa said

Default_avatar

can anyone tell me how much white-water raftering costs in AusDollars?
    as well as the paragliding.

• 7 Dec 2009 calabreseboy said

Default_avatar

I’m pretty sure the optional excursions, as well as the prices for each, are on the Contiki website.

• 15 Dec 2009 tiny_dancer said

Default_avatar

Have a look at the optionals that your tour lists and see what kind of stuff you are interested in. Budget for worst case and doing them all or any that you think you may do. I did the 45 day Ultimate European so there were lots to choose from.
    I ended up doing way more of them than I thought I would. I enjoyed most of them. … Wasn’t too keen on the Flamenco dancing. … Not so into the group dance thing but that is me.
    Your TM will talk you through each of them on the bus. You can always change your mind if you dont want to do them, I think we had to gove 48hrs if we didnt want to do them.
    Hope this helps.
    Mel.

• 23 Feb 2010 jen :) said

jen :)

Depending on where you’re from, I wouldn’t do the swiss alps. If you’re an aussi like everyone usually is on these tours then you should do it, but being from Canada I didn’t enjoy being in the cold weather on my summer vacation Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion