Community_discussions_small  

Comment

25 days camping.. Athens-London

26 Oct 2008 anne.charlotte said

anne.charlotte
hey guys!

thinking of picking up this tour on either 5th or 12th september, possibly doing a Greek islands tour prior to this one starting.

Is anyone else thinking the same??

Im 20 years old from melbourne Smiler
  • 26 Oct 2008 inorbit said

inorbit

I was contemplating it…. but doing the reverse first, then spending some time in the greek islands before doing this trip back to london… Not sure yet though

• 28 Oct 2008 inorbit said

inorbit

I was going to do the sept 12 one….
    I just posted in the other forum… so ill post here aswell…:

I was thinking of doing the 46 day camping trip but my sister kind of brought to my attention that i have a bad back and after 2 weeks camping i tend to whinge abit… soooo with this in mind i have now changed my plans so as I will be doing the London to Athens then having a couple of days break in greece before touring back to london with the 25 day camping group. Thinking around August – Sept though so maybe a little late for you guys… but anyway, what do you think of the idea? I want to run it by someone who isn’t the travel agent trying to get commission, and not family cuz they aren’t really interest and therefore not that helpful. I’ll be almost 20 on the trip, have my 20th in London hopefully! From the sunny coast way in QLD. Any suggestions would be awesome! And if you wanna do the same thing even better! I hate the idea of being a solo traveller and not knowing anyone… but I’m soo excited none the less!

So the dates I’m looking at at the moment are Leaving BNE round the 19th to london. Then doing the London to Athens from August 21 – Sept 10. I will only have 2 days to go to Mykonos or Santorini… can’t decide which 1 yet argh! Then on the 12th Sept I shall be boarding the contiki bound for London.

If you wanted to email me or something my addy is ashleigh.ellis07@gmail.com and i have facebook under that email aswell so add me Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> ITS SO EXCITING! I can’t wipe the grin off my face hey… Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 28 Oct 2008 inorbit said

inorbit

Forgot to mention I plan on going to Ireland and Scotland after the trip aswell so if anyone is keen?

• 4 Nov 2008 anne.charlotte said

anne.charlotte

Hey,

I thinking more the 5th september tour.. i believe im flying into Venice, then will head to athens and do a Contiki Greek Island hopping tour before the camping tour!

Im not sure if im gonna get sick of camping? ahh! im going to book it all myself.

• 13 Jul 2009 Cam said

Default_avatar

Hey im doing the 25 day camping leaving athens on the 5th september…anyone def doing it?

• 12 Jan 2010 Sarah24 said

Default_avatar

I am thinking about doing this tour! 18 year old from Victoria, Aus. Anyone else??

• 30 Jan 2010 Laura&Andy said

Default_avatar

Hi Everyone!!

My friend and I have booked the 25 day camping tour departing Athens sept 4th. We are from Melbourne and we’re very excited!! Anyone else booked on this tour yet? Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 5 Feb 2010 lukefreck said

Default_avatar

hey guys

mate n i just booked this trip on the 15th june …. hopefully anyways told the travel agent to book it

hopefully be a ccracker trip anyone else on this one ???

• 13 Feb 2010 KrisAU said

KrisAU

Hey All!

Im on the 4th Sept and doing the East Med Cruise before hand.

Im Contiki’n my way around the world for a few months so this will be my 4th Contiki out of 5 booked.

Im from Aust too! Currently based in Cairns for the year.

Ill be visiting Russia, Sweden, Ireland and scotland after this tour has finished as well.

Talk soon!

Kris

• 21 Feb 2010 Hana_da_banana said

Default_avatar

Anyone else doing the Athens to London 25 day camping that leaves at the start of August?

Hana

• 28 Feb 2010 Explorer1170513 said

Default_avatar

Hey Everyone,
    I’m doing the Athens to London 25 day camping trip that leaves on August 3, I’m flying into Athens on the 1st to have a look around, and then staying on in London for a couple of months.
    Is there anyone out there with a similar plan??
    Bec

• 1 Mar 2010 Hana_da_banana said

Default_avatar

Hi Bec,
    Yeah I’m going on the same one! See you on the trip Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->
    Hana

• 3 Mar 2010 nichbri said

Default_avatar

Hey Everyone!
    I too am doing the Athens-London 25 day camping tour leaving September 4th 2010. Does anyone know about our accommodation for the night before the trip? Can we camp at the same place even without a tent?

So excited to do this tour, I did LA to the Bay last October and it was great.

• 3 Mar 2010 nichbri said

Default_avatar

Oh yeah and I’m from Aus also. I’ll be 23 and I’m from Brisbane

I’m doing the England and Scotland tour after also.

Nicola

• 6 Mar 2010 KrisAU said

KrisAU

Hey Nic!

Most of the time they will let you stay at the same spot, however hit up your travel agent – they can book it for you. they have done it for me before, just havent tried it with the camping ones.

I am also on this tour so I will see you then!

Where in brisbane are you? Im a brisbane guy just living in Cairns this year with work.

Cheers
    Kris

• 6 Mar 2010 nichbri said

Default_avatar

Hey, I;m in the Western Suburbs. Cairns is a lovely place, although I find the heat too much.

Thanks for the info, my travel agent is onto it Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->
    I’ll see you there!

• 12 Mar 2010 Laura&Andy said

Default_avatar

Hey Nichbri,

We inquired about possibly staying at the campsite the night before however, we received a bit of a funny response. We were a bit confused,but we think that the options for ppl with no tents were limited if any, so we decided not to risk it. Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

we are going to stay in athens and make the incredibly early trek to the camp site in the morning :/….fingers crossed everything runs smoothly.

Look foward to meeting you.

Laura

• 12 Mar 2010 Laura&Andy said

Default_avatar

hey Kris,

Good to hear we have another Aussie onboard!!

Sounds as though you have a fantastic adventure planned! 5 contiki’s???? thats epic!

Look forward to meeting you!

Laura

• 12 Mar 2010 nichbri said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by Laura&Andy:
    Hey Nichbri,

We inquired about possibly staying at the campsite the night before however, we received a bit of a funny response. We were a bit confused,but we think that the options for ppl with no tents were limited if any, so we decided not to risk it. Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

we are going to stay in athens and make the incredibly early trek to the camp site in the morning :/….fingers crossed everything runs smoothly.

Look foward to meeting you.

Laura

Hey Laura, can I ask what hotel you’re going to stay at? If so we could share a taxi ride it’d cut costs and be less of a worry Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 12 Mar 2010 KrisAU said

KrisAU

Morning girls.

My agent told me to have a good think about what I want to do the night before (as we have 25 days of parties ahead!). He recommended getting a good night sleep and booking somewhere near the camp grounds the night before.

However he said you could stay in the party area and hit the town then just get a taxi in the morning.

Im still in 2 minds here as Ill be getting off a Contiki that ends on the 3rd.

What are you girls thinking of doing??

Cheers
    Kris

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion