Community_discussions_small  

Question

Going Europe Alone????

28 Jan 2009 Explorer1123402 asked

Default_avatar
Hi

I am booking the Ultimate European & Greek Islands for the 26th July this yr im 22 and my name is Sasha and im going alone my best friend was ment to be coming with me but she just moved out of home and cant afford it but i dont want to wait another year. Has any one gone solo before whats it like? And is anyone from Syd Australia going around that time by any chance?? Smiler
  • 29 Jan 2009 Ignatius said

Default_avatar

Hi

I am also looking at doing a tour by myself toward the end of July, early August. The European Explorer + Mykonos Island tour and London to Athens + Greek Island Hopping tour have caught my eye. Like the above person, I was wondering if anyone else in Sydney was looking at being there around July/August?

• 29 Jan 2009 said

Default_avatar

most of the people on Contiki are doing it solo, I think on my trip id say about 75% or more were solo, so dont worry much about it!
    Also Aussies are for the most part the bulk of the people on the tours, So I am sure youll end up having a few others on the same tour.
    Id check your tours meeting area here in the forum, might be able to meet some people before hand.

• 1 Feb 2009 TanyaSydney2009 said

TanyaSydney2009

hey sasha me and my cousin r going on the 5th july –aug 6/7th european explorer with greek island cruise option, we’ve never been anywhere before! where also doing the best of USA before hand. from what iv been told there is gonna be alot of people going solo so you shouldnt have any problems :)

• 4 Feb 2009 TracyEloise said

Default_avatar

Hey! Im a kiwi girl travelling solo on the june the 8th 2009 Contrast tour! Anyone else going then?

• 10 Jul 2009 Explorer1133901 said

Default_avatar

hey sasha,
    Im Yolanda, im doing the ultimate Europe and Egypt on the 26th of July also. Dont know if we all head out together and then seperate for greek island/egypt. Im from Gold Coast Aus. and am going solo aswell. see u in a couple of weeks. Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> dont worry im sure it will be loads of fun.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.