Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Tourist Visa

14 Nov 2010 Krista said

Krista
For all past travelers. Did you have any difficulties getting your tourist visa? Were you just able to get the tourist visa when you arrived at the Cairo Airport or did you have to apply for it before departing on your trip.

Also, how mush did the Tourist Visa cost?

Thank you,
  • 14 Nov 2010 gator717 said

Default_avatar

I just returned from the Egypt tour!

The visa was very easy to get at the airport and it cost $15 USD (you must pay in dollars not Egyptian pounds). When you arrive, first go to the two visa stations and then make the line for the passport verification station. After getting your passport verified and stamped, you’ll move to the baggage claim area where the Contiki rep will be waiting for you. Just look for the bright Contiki sign and the rep should be wearing a suit. If you get the same guy, he is very sweet and he’ll answer any questions you have on the ride to the hotel. There were a few tour mates in the airport transfer so I wasn’t by myself.

Let me know if you have any other questions!! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 25 Nov 2010 Hayley said

Hayley

The visa is almost stupid easy to get! I wish I had’ve waited and gotten it at the airport instead of doing it ahead of time. You’ll def. save money doing it that way and it’s not a big stress.

• 1 Jan 2011 Explorer1212572 said

Default_avatar

If you want to know you have it you can get it in your home state or city. Most of the time it costs the same $15 that they would have charged you in Egypt.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.