Community_discussions_small  

Comment

First Time Contiki! Travelling solo

4 Jul 2010 paigeee said

paigeee
Hey everyone!!!

I'm heading on the European Inspiration (winter) tour from December 18th- Jan 5th. I was just wondering on a few things...

a) If anybody else is going on tour?

b) If anybody has done same tour in the past

c) What it was like travelling solo on any contiki tour!

I'm a 21 yr old girl from Australia, I had a friend bail last minute! I'm just wanting to hear from anybody who's gone solo before. How you managed and how easy was it to make friends and enjoy your self? I'm pretty out there, make friends easily, I love to drink and I'm up for anything!! I'm just heaps worried I'll get stuck sharing a room with somebody the whole trip who I dont get along with!!

I'll be in London for the first few night by my self!! Which will be a little bit daunting! But if anybody has any advice, please contact me either on here OR find me on facebook! Just search Paige Cardona!

Any replies or advice is welcome! The furthest I've traveled alone is to Thailand. And thats only 6 hours from Aus!
  • 5 Jul 2010 Alex-Pearl said

Alex-Pearl

Hey

How you doing? I live in London and would be happy to show you around the city if you want. Add me on facebook, Alex Pearl

xx

• 6 Jul 2010 cdm115 said

cdm115

Check out the meeting place section of the board to find tourmates. Enjoy your trip.

• 8 Jul 2010 paigeee said

paigeee

Alex wow that would be great! I’ve actaully changed my tour now though! Contiki advised me that my depature date (18th Dec) is not gauranteed! So I am now leaving on the 15th For the European inspiration tour!! BUT I am back on the 2nd of Jan… so I have 5 nights in London! I’m so excited to see the nightlife and London by day!!!!!!!!! Alex you’re a ledgend!

And Symbiote thanks so much for the advise! I’ll post it up there see if anybody is going!! I’m sorry, I’m just a little nervous as I’m traveling solo!!!

Thanks for you’re help guys!!

xxxxxxx

• 17 Nov 2010 Jacs said

Default_avatar

Hi Paigee,

I’ll be on that tour. Doing it on my own too. I’m 29 and a not as “out there” as you but look forward to meeting you and the trip.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.