Community_discussions_small  

Comment

ekit recharge

18 Nov 2008 ...Courtney... said

...Courtney...
hey everyone
just wondering about the ekit phone card you get with your contiki documents. how much have people recharged with?
obviously it will depend on the length of your trip and how often you call home. I'm away for a month and wanted to call home a couple of times a week...just for a quick chat.Ive read $50 from a few people regarding this topic...does this sound right?
any suggestions would be great!
court
  • 21 Nov 2008 melaniet said

Default_avatar

i didnt have an ekit on my tour but other people did and they actually had some trouble with it. there were some places where it wouldnt work. you should also budget a little extra phone money than you expect. when i went i didnt really expect to call home much but when i got there and everyone else was talking to their family i wanted to also and i ended up spending a lot more phone money than i intended. depending on your phone company you should check what their rates are for an international plan. thats what i did and it worked out much better in my favor.

• 22 Nov 2008 ptooma said

Default_avatar

There are plenty of calling cards you can purchase in Europe. I picked up one that had no connection charges and toll free access numbers in all the EU countries. ~0.10 Euro/minute to call Au/NZ/Ca/US.

- Vic

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.