Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Elephant Rider!

12 May 2009 MatyG said

MatyG
Which Asia Contiki Tour can you ride an elephant, and what is the place called?
  • 18 May 2009 Jacqui said

Jacqui

yes you can ride an elephand on the Asian adventure, tour. In Laos in Luang Prabang. but it cost $50 USD. what I did when I was in Bangkok was go to the tiger temple and got to ride an elephant for an extra 300baht = $15 AUD it was great and we got to see a show with the elephants and got to hold a baby gibbon monkey. very cute. The elephants are usually used for carring wood but when they are not being used for tat they do tourist rides, and the money goes to pay for food for the elephants. there were about 40 elephants there babys and all. the ride in Laos only have 8 elephants.
    The tiger temple is 2hrs out of bangkok and its were you get to sit and pat tigers and have your photos taken with them.
    good luck and enjoy your travels

• 19 May 2009 MatyG said

MatyG

Thanks Jacqui, that info really helped, will definitely ride the elephants and pat the tigers, ta ta.

• 4 Feb 2010 littlegremlin82 said

Default_avatar

I have also heard good things about Tiger Temple from a relative who has been. For anyone interested, look at the website:

http://www.tigertemple.org/Eng/index.php

• 9 Feb 2010 Chris H said

Default_avatar

The good news is that the elephant ride is now included in the price of the tour so it’s free! As Jacqui mentioned you do it in Luang Prabang.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.