Community_discussions_small  

Comment

European Horizon 1st August 2008

24 Jan 2008 Cherie said

Default_avatar
Hey, Anyone travelling on 1st August 2008?
  • 30 Jan 2008 Jacki_SA said

Default_avatar

Hey Cherie. I’m planning on travelling on 1st August 2008, but haven’t booked yet. Have you booked this tour? Where you travelling from?

• 31 Jan 2008 Cherie said

Default_avatar

Hello Jacki! Yes we are all booked and confirmed. My bf and I are from WA – Australia. Where abouts are you from? Do you think you will be booking? I am so excited about going! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 31 Jan 2008 Jacki_SA said

Default_avatar

My bf and I are definitely going to book this tour, and so far this is the date we plan to book. We’re from South Africa. Also so excited, can’t wait till we book. Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 31 Jan 2008 Cherie said

Default_avatar

Cool. That sounds good. How long are you both planning to be away for altogether? We are travelling around Europe for about 5 weeks or so.

• 1 Feb 2008 Jacki_SA said

Default_avatar

We haven’t finalised our exact travel plans yet, but we’re planning on doing the tour first and then heading to Scotland for a couple of weeks. It’ll be my first time in Europe, which is why I want to do the tour. Where else do you guys plan to travel in Europe? Are you staying at the Royal National Hotel before & after tour?

• 30 Apr 2008 Steve-o said

Steve-o

Hey guys, booked the tour last week, me, my partner and 3 friends are going on 1st August…cant wait!!

• 1 May 2008 Jacki_SA said

Default_avatar

Hey Steve-o. I’ve finally booked this tour! First trip to Europe – can’t wait! Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> Have u done a contiki tour b4? Where u from?

• 1 May 2008 Steve-o said

Steve-o

No, ive never done a Contiki tour before, this is my first Tour ever! Unfortunetly 2 of my friends have cancelled but im still very excited…im from a City called Exeter, in England.

• 2 May 2008 Red_SA said

Default_avatar

Hey guys.Myself and my wife will be going on 01 august too.just have to get that visa now though…but really looking forward to it!

• 3 May 2008 Steve-o said

Steve-o

Hello RED SA, good to see more people on here. Will this be your first Contiki tour??

• 3 May 2008 Red_SA said

Default_avatar

yeah it is.we did some tours on our own last year, but thought it might be fun to do it in a tour group.

• 3 May 2008 Jacki_SA said

Default_avatar

Hey Red_SA. I also just need to get my visa & then I’ll be sorted! Where u from?

• 3 May 2008 Red_SA said

Default_avatar

Cape town.we are on 2-year W/H visas in london and will be returing home 11 August.which embassy you using?called the french one and got an appointment for 06 June.

Default_avatar

We’re also from Cape Town. It’ll be my first visit to the UK/Europe though. Our travel agency is arranging the visas, I think through the French embassy.

• 3 May 2008 Steve-o said

Steve-o

Wow, i would love to visit Cape Town. My Friends parents live there and i have seen photos from when he visited. Looks really nice..what is it like there?

Default_avatar

hey steve-o. Cape Town’s really beautiful – especially in summer and spring, and very affordable compared to the rest of the world. u should definitely plan a visit.

• 4 May 2008 Red_SA said

Default_avatar

You wont be disappointed steve-o.you’ll be amazed how far £100 can take you there.You should come over in 2010 for the world cup

• 5 May 2008 Steve-o said

Steve-o

Im not a footie fan, but i will definitely have to plan a visit some time….i just been looking at some videos of the Horizon tour on Youtube. Very excited, 12 weeks is just too long to have to wait. Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 6 May 2008 Steve-o said

Steve-o

So what optional excursions is everyine hoping to take?? Im wanna try do most of them, except i have heard that the Nouvelle Eve isnt so good, i might try and book a night at the Moulin Rouge instead for that night.

• 6 May 2008 Red_SA said

Default_avatar

i’d like to go up the jungfrau mountains,but at Fr127(i think?), its a bit dear,so i might have to wait and see.
    we definitely doing the gondola though,and judging by a video i saw on youtube,it seems like the riverboat in amsterdam might be fun too.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion