Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Average prices / Daily spending money

2 Sep 2007 Michelle said

Default_avatar
Hi, Im doing the Eastern Discovery tour next Feb - can anyone provide insight into;

- What are average prices of meals, beer, etc.. in the US? Trying to budget and would like to know what im in for.

- How much could i expect to pay for a broadway ticket? And where do you get them/how do you book?

- Im looking at allowing approx $80US per day for spending - is that enough?

Any help would be much appreciated!
  • 5 Sep 2007 *Mellissa* said

*Mellissa*

HI Michelle,

I did the LA to the Bay no 06 and had a blast!
    i estimated about $120 US a day because some days you wont buy much and some days you will.
    i took roughly about $4500 and came home with about $300 spare. Eeveyrone is different and i liked to shop and it is very cheap over there, but then some people rarely spent much.
    hope it helps.
    cheers
    Mel

• 5 Sep 2007 beckyboo said

Default_avatar

crap. im doin the la to the bay in 2 weeks and was thinking if i spend $100US which is $120 Aus then i would only need $2400. did u buy heaps? i hope i dont spend 4200 in 10 days

• 6 Sep 2007 *Mellissa* said

*Mellissa*

sorri i had written the wrong currencey i ment $120 oz. $2400 should be ok if you dont do many of the optional extra’s aswell.
    I bought heaps of stuff like clothes , makeup, perfume. I spent a whole load at disneyland for souviners. The US dollar is going good at the moment so hopefully it still will be high when you go over.
    It is cheap to eat like i said before for food because there serving sizes are huge.

• 20 Sep 2007 PetalJess said

Default_avatar

As for your broadway question, I’m looking at buying tickets too and was just going to use the broadway site…not sure if there’s another way or not but check it out anyway:

www.broadway.com

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.