Community_discussions_small  

Question

Is anyone booked for Reverse Med Highlights August 19th?

22 Apr 2007 ash'lee asked

Default_avatar
Hello, I am booked for the Reverse Mediterranean Highlights tour from August 19 - September 1st. Is anyone else booked for that? I'm from Canada!
  • 22 Apr 2007 stephanie_april said

Default_avatar

Hey Ash’lee:

I’m also going on this tour AND also from Canada!! (I live in Toronto). I’m so excited someone else has posted! I’m nervous cause I’m going on my own! Have you gone thru Contiki before?

• 24 Apr 2007 ash'lee said

Default_avatar

Hellooo!!!

I am soo excited to have found someone else! I’m going alone too but I think it will be exciting. I am slightly afraid of missing flights in airports and I am also spending a few days alone in London after which scare me though! I have never gone through Contiki before but I have also never heard a bad thing about it. Have you been to Europe before?

• 24 Apr 2007 stephanie_april said

Default_avatar

OMG!! Me too! – when the tour ends in Madrid, I’m flying to London to spend two days there! I’m also arriving a day early in Rome, so I’ll be there the night before on my own.
    No, never been to Europe – but really excited too!
    Are you on facebook??

• 16 Jun 2007 Marie said

Default_avatar

Hello! I’m a 27yr old girl from Australia and will also be on this tour.

• 29 Jun 2007 stephanie_april said

Default_avatar

Hi Marie-T!

were getting closer to going! are you ready?? I can’t wait, but still a little nervous! is this your first time going thru contiki?

• 30 Jun 2007 Clarinda said

Default_avatar

Hi, I am going on the med highlights starting in Rome. I will be travelling with my boyfriend, i am 28 from Australia, this will be the first time going overseas for the both of us. we will be in Rome a couple of nights before the tour begins and will be having a week in Spain afterwards.
    very exciting.

• 7 Jul 2007 Marie said

Default_avatar

Hi Stephanie,

I was a bit nervous as well but I’ve been waiting for this trip for weeks now and I can’t wait to just get on the plane!

I am leaving OZ soon and spending time with family in other parts of Europe before the tour. This will be my first Contki tour and I’m solo.

• 7 Jul 2007 Marie said

Default_avatar

Hi Clarinda, are you also from Sydney?

• 18 Jul 2007 Loogie said

Default_avatar

Hey Everyone,
    I’m NOT going on your trip but i’ve travelled with Contiki and would like to offer some advice:
    If you plan on taking a credit card to Europe, you may want to call your credit card company to let them know you’ll be travelling so they don’t think the card has been stolen and cut you off.

Another thing I recommend is carrying your cash in a money belt, I find it safer.

When you pack, throw some clothing into your carry-on to lighten the weight of the suitcase and in case your luggage gets lost. Leave room for souveneirs & carry with you an extra copy of your pasport and hotel address list.

In terms of weight of luggage, it’s the airlines that are more strict than Contiki. Each airline has their own weight threshold & will only be too glad to charge you extra for going over. You can find out the limit/rules by going on the airline’s website.

Feel free to ask me anything else.

Brian (from New York)
    brij75@yahoo.com

Southern Ireland ‘97
    Grand Explorer ’00
    Rainbow Nation ’01 (no longer offered by Contiki)
    Beaches & Reefs ’02-’03

• 25 Jul 2007 Clarinda said

Default_avatar

Hi Marie & Everyone….

I am from Australia, Queensland Gold Coast.

It is three weeks today that we are jet setting off for this trip and getting more and more excited. One question, does anyone know if all our hotels offer towels, i was told to take a sarong and chemois towel instead of a normal towel as they take up to much room???

If anyone can make any suggestions of a must have that i may not think about would be helpful.

Thanks Loogie for your tips!

Cheers
    Clarinda

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion