Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Passport security/ bags/ money belts....

26 Jun 2007 OzzieChic said

Default_avatar
Hi
just wondering if i need to keep my passport on me everywhere i go, wearing a money belt on a hot day doesnt sound too comfortable! did anyone leave thier passports and stuff in the hostel or on the bus or anywhere??
Cheers mates!!
  • 26 Jun 2007 Charmi said

Default_avatar

Great question – I too would love to know of any advice and tips – especially carrying passports. Should you leave it in the hotel room safe, (because what happens when you go to the beach? where do you leave it??)

• 26 Jun 2007 DietPepsi said

Default_avatar

Hey guys,
    I found that it was comforting to wear it at the start of my tour when I was still a bit out of my element and when i had the most money with me. After that, I started to split the money and have it in seperate places. If it was loose then it was not a big deal. It did get hot a few times but was well worth it and was suprisingly not oo bulky on the belly.

• 26 Jun 2007 Curtis71 said

Default_avatar

Use the FIND function at the top of the page and you will learn that this topic has been extensively discussed already.

I always carried my passport + excess cash under my shirt in a “necklace pouch” that I was using as an under-shirt shoulder-bag.

• 26 Jun 2007 MJ said

Default_avatar

You might consider going to www.packsafe.com and looking at their bags. I have 2 and like both of them. They also sell the wallets and pouches that are a bit more slash proof ect…

• 26 Jun 2007 Curtis71 said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by DragonFlyLady:
    You might consider going to www.packsafe.com

and looking at their bags. I have 2 and like both of them. They also sell the wallets and pouches that are a bit more slash proof ect…

I think you meant Pac-Safe. Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

I own several of their products and definitely recommend their bags.

• 26 Jun 2007 littlechicken said

Default_avatar

I found a pouch that sits at your belly and goes around you neck to be quite comfortable. As I was carrying 2 ppls passports and stuff it made me look at little tubby at the belly but ppl just thought I was pregnant and I always got a seat on public transport.

• 27 Jun 2007 Browniedgrrl said

Default_avatar

I have a question regarding using a backpack for day use…um…should one put lock(s) on the zippers to stop people from getting in and opening…

What is the general opionin on this?

• 8 Jul 2007 swjay said

Default_avatar

NEVER allow yourself to be seperated from your passport! They are extremely valuable on the blackmarket and you are nobody without it. If you lose anything it is better to lose money then your passport, although that is not much fun either!

• 8 Jul 2007 habsgal1993 said

Default_avatar

I still haven’t been able to get a really good answer on what to do regarding passports/money belts on the beach. Some advise to leave it in the hotel, others would never, ever dream of doing that. Does Contiki have any plans for stops at the beach or any official advice?

• 8 Jul 2007 bellyk said

bellyk

go with a group and dont all go swimming at once, that way someone is always there to look after your stuff

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion