Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Ekit phone card

27 Aug 2006 CindyCanuck said

Default_avatar
Hi,

I've decided to go with phone cards instead of brining or renting a cell.

Is the Ekit card the better value or should I just buy cards along the way?

After reading the Ekit site, it also seems really difficult to use. Anyone else use it? Was it less of a hassle than it looks?

Thanks,
Cindy
  • 4 Sep 2006 Amanda14 said

Default_avatar

When you buy the phone card, though, can you only use it at a pay phone? I’ve heard that you can’t use it in your hotel rooms because it costs extra … so what the deal with this?

• 4 Sep 2006 ptooma said

Default_avatar

You can get a European Union Calling Card which allows you call anywhere in the world from any European Union country. It costs about €10 and I think it was good for either 60 or 100 minutes to N.America (I think it was 100 minutes). I am assuming the same or similar rate also applies to calls to Aus/NZ. This card can be found in cigar shops, internet cafes and magazine shops. It had different toll free access numbers for every European Union country printed on the back. There were no connection charges either. I made calls from pay phones/phonebooths.

- Vic

• 6 Sep 2006 Amanda14 said

Default_avatar

Even in the hotels? And what’s the difference between this one and the ekit card?

quote:
    Originally posted by eastboca:
    There were no connection charges either. I made calls from pay phones/phonebooths.

- Vic

• 7 Sep 2006 Amanda14 said

Default_avatar

You rock, dude. Wink<!--graemlin:;)-->

• 29 Jun 2010 Explorer1194170 said

Default_avatar

You may also want to consider comparing other phone card companies. A good site for phone card comparison is www.phonecardchoice.com.au

• 30 Jun 2010 Paul said

Default_avatar

where can I purchase the european union calling card? thanks.

• 15 Aug 2010 PrepaidBoy said

Default_avatar

Where in the EU did you want to travel?
    Because there are many options online.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion