Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Contiki's Hotels in London

23 Dec 2010 Alaina said

Alaina
Is there a significant difference between the Royal National and Imperial hotels? Is the Imperial worth the little bit extra?
  • 23 Dec 2010 Kelsey said

Kelsey

I have stayed at both and didn’t have any problems at either. The differences were that the imperial was a bit nicer and I believe also had a fridge in the room.

• 23 Dec 2010 Hayley said

Hayley

The Imperial does give you the option of a single room if you’re travelling solo and want some space to yourself.

• 31 Dec 2010 cdm115 said

cdm115

I’ve stayed at the Imperial twice and didn’t have a fridge, nor has anyone I know commented that they had one.

• 31 Dec 2010 Emma B said

Emma B

i dont think there is a difference at all. the hotels are so close to each other i accidetantly went into the wrong one lol

• 5 Jan 2011 Kelli-Sian said

Kelli-Sian

Im looking at booking the Royal National for the 2 nights before my tour departs…. I will be Solo just wondering how it works, can you book a room to yourself? or whats the deal with sharing etc

• 7 Jan 2011 RebeccaAnn said

RebeccaAnn

when i was there last july i stayed at the royal national, can be difficult to navigate your way around that place (as its so big with ALOT of hall ways and doors going god knows where) but it was nice for a budget hotel, i had no issue with it what so ever. as for the imperial i have not stayed there but the other people on my contiki that stayed there said it was dodgy, they said the showers didnt work properly (no hot water at times) and there were many other complaints that i cannot at this stage remember. from what i know its not worth paying exrtra. when i go this august i will definately be staying at the royal national again. as for the fact that thats where the tour starts from for me was what convinced me to stay there, if youd prefer to save a bit more money go with royal but if budget isnt a problem then just whatever you feel because the imperial is pretty much right next door!!

• 8 Jan 2011 aimee490 said

aimee490
    quote:
    Originally posted by Kelli-Sian:
    Im looking at booking the Royal National for the 2 nights before my tour departs…. I will be Solo just wondering how it works, can you book a room to yourself? or whats the deal with sharing etc

Hey Kelli-Sian
    I tried to book a single room at Royal National and the contiki agent said this was not available; only at Imperial. However it is quite a bit more expensive for a single room. Royal national have twin share (i think also triple) and you get matched up with another contikier of the same sex. Hope that helps Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 8 Jan 2011 Kaz said

Kaz

The royal national was VERY confusing to navigate around. Us aussies were at the Royal National and the Americans at the Imperial. From the sounds of it theres was nothing special either. Heard a few complaints about things not working. So i’ve selected the Royal National again for my week this year before my trip.

I know what I’m getting and its fine for a budget hotel.

• 8 Jan 2011 Kelli-Sian said

Kelli-Sian

Awesome, thanks for that Info Aimee!

• 9 Jan 2011 Lindsey said

Default_avatar

I know it’s not a Contiki hotel but has anyone stayed at the Generator? What was it like?

• 9 Jan 2011 Kelli-Sian said

Kelli-Sian

Im staying at the generator for a week when I get back from my tour… from what ive heard from friends experiences its a decent place to stay and very party orientated

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.