Community_discussions_small  

Comment

how to pay optionals in uk and ireland

26 Jun 2010 kylee1986 said

Default_avatar
im travelling to the uk and ireland in october just wondering if you pay optionals with cash or credit card and when do you pay for these????
  • 27 Jun 2010 Ireland Septeber 2010!! said

Default_avatar

Hope you have an awesome time. I’m going in September and I can’t waitSmiler<!--graemlin::)-->

I’ve been told that you have to pay cash in local surrency (Euro’s). From what I’ve heard, all of the optional excursions are awesome, so I’m saving my $$.

Cheers!

• 27 Jun 2010 MagpiePants said

MagpiePants

I’m taking cash to pay for mine.
    Not sure which country you come from, but if you get a Travelex card, you can withdraw money in the local currency ( Pounds ) from any atm and that should help you out with keeping local currency on you Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 28 Jun 2010 kylee1986 said

Default_avatar

hey thanks yeh im from sydney australia, although uk is pounds and ireland is euro so do we have to pay for ireland optionals whilst we are in uk???

• 28 Jun 2010 MagpiePants said

MagpiePants

I forgot about all that Euro business.. My tour starts this Friday. I’ll ask the tour manager and come back here and let you know !

• 28 Jun 2010 Sutho said

Default_avatar

Just done the tour. My advice take lots of cash. You pay for England and Scotland first up and have a bit of time to pay in one hit. For those doing Ireland you pay when you get there.

Bewear of Scotland they have their own Scottish notes (the same currency as England) The English may hesitate to accept Scottish pounds.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion