Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Big Apple Explorer May 29 2007

25 Sep 2006 TigerKat said

Default_avatar
Hi all, my name is Katherine, I'm 23 and live in Adelaide, South Australia.
I will be travelling from LA to NY to do the Big Apple Explorer tour on May 29 2007 and just wondering if anyone out there will be doing the same tour that I can meet up with.
  • 5 Feb 2007 TigerKat said

Default_avatar

Yeh I checked that out too – the jetboat ride in Montreal looks to be a definite! I cant wait to see Niagra Falls either, apparently we get to see it at sunset too.
    So are we all meeting up during this tour with the non-big apple explorer people at some stage? What day is free? It looks like we’re walking around on guided tours most of the time…
    It will be good to get away and all meet up before the North by North East/Grand Northern

• 6 Feb 2007 abbey7121 said

abbey7121

Hi,
    I’m booked to go on the Big Apple Explorer on May 29th after i finish the Grand Southern. I’m travelling with a friend and we’re both from New Zealand. Not long to go now. Counting down the days!

• 7 Feb 2007 TigerKat said

Default_avatar

Hi Abbey!
    Well that’s great news! The more the merrier I say! When do you start the Grand Southern tour?
    Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 8 Feb 2007 Nicole said

Default_avatar

Welcome Abbey, It’s great to meet more people going on tour with us. Why don’t you tell us a little about yourself and what date do you get into New Orleans? As I will be on the Eastern Discovery starting May 17th and I finish in NY the day before on the 28th May.
    Getting way too excited!!!!

• 10 Feb 2007 Nicole said

Default_avatar

Abbey u r not going to believe this but I work in Child care I run a room of 15 three to three and a half year olds and that’s great about u being in NO at the same time as me. I’m travelling alone, I’m 22 and I think that it’s hot at that time of year. I’m going the Grand Northern tour after the Big Apple tour I debated between Northern & Southern and Northern won. I’m thinking Europe of my next trip the furthest I have been is Bali.

• 15 Feb 2007 TigerKat said

Default_avatar

Hi again everyone
    well it definitely seems like there will be a big group of us on the BAE tour! The more the merrier I say! Bring on the shopping! hehe
    Abbey – do you want to do anything in particular while in New York?
    K

• 18 Feb 2007 Nicole said

Default_avatar

Welcome Francesca to our tour. Serendipity sounds good. I’m good with what the most people want to do like Abbey most of the things I want to do are on the tour. If I think of nething I will let u know. I’m still thinking about the broadway show but so far I’m on the yes side. Does neone know wats on or I will ask Heather. Are you doing neother tours?
    I’m getting way too excited
    Lov Nic Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 19 Feb 2007 TigerKat said

Default_avatar

Hey Hey! Well our shopping population on the tour is slowly growing! hehe
    I havent heard of Serendipity before but from what’s been said already it sounds great. Im up for that! Not sure about a Broadway show but I’ll stick with the majority on that one. As for other tours – there is a Sex and the City tour that might be interesting…
    Only 82 days to go!!

• 19 Feb 2007 Nicole said

Default_avatar

To be honest I have not heard a lot about Serendipity only a little bit. I’m doing most of the extras on this tour and the main ones I wanted was the Sex and the City tour and the Beast ride. What activities is everybody considering sorry if I have already asked but I have forgotten. With the Broadway show it depends what’s on for me, I don’t want to just see something for the sake of seeing something.
    Only 84 days for me!!!

• 19 Feb 2007 TigerKat said

Default_avatar

mmm i agree on that one Nicole (re: the broadway show). As far as the extras go, I was going to do everything the tour offers and was looking at doing the Sex and the City tour too if we get time. From what I can understand the majority of the tour will be filled with walking/travelling around NYC seeing all the touristy sites and having a bit of free time to have dinner, see a show or go shopping.
    What is the Beast ride?

• 20 Feb 2007 Nicole said

Default_avatar

Kat have you looked at the optional extras? The beast is a jet boat ride for 30 mins around NY sounds like so much fun and the sex and city tour is on there too!

• 21 Feb 2007 TigerKat said

Default_avatar

Oh I had forgotten that was even there! Well Ive just had a look now and I reckon I would be doing all of them except the helicopter ride. I’ll be doing one of them in Vegas so depending on my budget when I arrive in New York I’ll just aim for all the other extras. I think the movie bus ride might be interesting too – what extras were you planning on doing, all or just some of?
    There is also a jetboat ride in Montreal that I’ll be doing so Im keen to do the Beast ride in NY.
    I hope we get time to do all of these things.

• 21 Feb 2007 Nicole said

Default_avatar

I’m hoping for all the extras but I would only be doing 1 of the helicoper rides as there is 2 listed that sound about the same but I will have to see how much money I spend on everything else in new york. I think they would have to give us time to do them all or else they shouldn’t be offering them all.

• 22 Feb 2007 Pervy said

Pervy

Hi Abbey, what part of NZ are you from? I’m from Pukekohe and will be in NY at the same time as you and catching up with some of the guys from your BAE tour on the Grand Northern tour i’m doing starting June 1st

• 24 Feb 2007 Nicole said

Default_avatar

Sounds wicked (the show that is) sorry I’m like the queen of annoying jokes. Razzer<!--graemlin::p--> lol but neway I think I’m the same as u Abbey I would pick the movie tour over the sex and the city tour though I do hope to do both. I’m getting so excited Only 79 days I can’t think about how I’m going to b when it gets under 50 days I’m too excited already. Has anyone heard about the tour packs yet?

• 26 Feb 2007 Nicole said

Default_avatar

yeah I’m the same I want my pack to make it a reality and I’m not sure if they will just sent it my Grand Northern is sold out has been for 2 weeks and I haven’t got anything. But let me know if you do.

• 27 Feb 2007 TigerKat said

Default_avatar

I agree – I think i would prefer to do the movie tour but if I have time (and money) the sex and the city tour would be good also.
    Im hanging out to get my contiki pack! All I can think about is finishing off saving all my spending money and how many days I have left (its 74 by the way! hehe) but having the tour package details in my hot little hands would be the icing on the cake!
    ps Nic, have you checked your emails lately?

• 28 Feb 2007 Nicole said

Default_avatar

Yeah I have been chacking daily but I didn’t get ne from u have u been sending some?

• 28 Feb 2007 TigerKat said

Default_avatar

oh, the 1 I sent must have gone missing in transit.
    What are you taking for hand luggage? Are you planning on carrying around a handbag on this tour? There is a lot of walking involved and Im wondering what kind of bag would be best suited and secure?
    Ive been told there are these packs you can strap to your stomach or whatever that hold cash, credit cards and passports. That might be a bit extreme but it got me thinking…

• 1 Mar 2007 Nicole said

Default_avatar

I brought a back pack but I’m think of taking a small hand bag for when we go out. I was told a pack that could hold up to 8 kgs. But I don’t kow how much mine holds it’s just a back pack. My cousin told me about a bag that hangs around your neck but it goes under your top and you can tuck it into your pants for extra security. Also what r u thinking?

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion