Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Big Apple Explorer May 29 2007

25 Sep 2006 TigerKat said

Default_avatar
Hi all, my name is Katherine, I'm 23 and live in Adelaide, South Australia.
I will be travelling from LA to NY to do the Big Apple Explorer tour on May 29 2007 and just wondering if anyone out there will be doing the same tour that I can meet up with.
  • 1 Apr 2007 Nicole said

Default_avatar

Welcome Kelly I will be going on both of these tours with u and there is also a couple of people on here doing the first half also known as the North by north east. All the girls r big shoppers so again Welcome. It’s only 43 days now till I leave! Way too excited!!!!! Eeker<!--graemlin::eek:-->

• 1 Apr 2007 TigerKat said

Default_avatar

Hi all – I was just wondering about the sales tax becos Ive heard people say to be careful when purchasing stuff and be prepared for additional costs on top of the purchase price. Im sure it will all work out though – I just cant wait to visit Tiffany’s!!!
    Only 41 days to go!
    Welcome Kelly – we’re sure to have an absolute blast! So far we have a really good group on tour!

• 2 Apr 2007 Nicole said

Default_avatar

Hey Kat I’m sure we will figure that out soon enough the tax shouldn’t be that hard to add on and with the amount everybody appears to want to purchase we should get it really quickly!

• 5 Apr 2007 Nicole said

Default_avatar

I’m so excited it’s only 39 days now for me. I have been carrying my phone with me everywhere in case my travel agent calls about my pack I know it’s obsessive but I can’t help it. Is ne1 else getting as bad as me?

• 6 Apr 2007 chicatranquila87 said

Default_avatar

i am so so excited about this tour! except is anyone else not 21 yet? I’m gonna be having my 20th birthday while we’re there… so annoyed i can’t go out and celebrate!
    is anyone planning on seeing a broadway show? if so what night.. ?

• 9 Apr 2007 Nicole said

Default_avatar

Kat will be happy about the no tax part. I’m still not sure about the show I want to know whats on first does anyone know?

• 11 Apr 2007 Nicole said

Default_avatar

Well I will check that out, I did hear about the booths with the cheap tickets. I also have great news I have recieved my pack yesterday so your packs can’t be far off! Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 11 Apr 2007 TigerKat said

Default_avatar

Oh fantastic! Let’s have a moment…. Im very excited for you Nicole! Wink<!--graemlin:;)--> My travel agent said my pack should come about 2 weeks before I leave! Only 31 days left for me so not long to go!
    Hey, on another note – how is everyone getting from the airport to the hotel? Ive been told cabs can get quite expensive and the shuttle bus can take up to 2-3 hours, so another option was the service hire cars. They are around $40 + tips so are cheaper than cabs. Since Im going to have all my luggage with me, this seems to be the easiest, quickest and cheaper option available. What is everyone else doing?

• 12 Apr 2007 Kelly B said

Default_avatar

Hey Kat Im doing the shuttle bus thing but I had’nt heard it could take hours! Im staying at the Beacon and to be honest I wouldn’t know how far away the hotel is from the airport, so it could take that long! My transfer was around $25 Aus, which I didn’t think was too bad.

• 12 Apr 2007 TigerKat said

Default_avatar

Hiya !
    Normally I wouldnt mind taking the shuttle but since I only have 2 hours to get to the hotel I dont want to risk it. I think the chauffuer service would be better just because of my restricted time frame. I looked up where JFK Airport is from Manhattan and its about 35-40min away. (I think)

• 12 Apr 2007 Nicole said

Default_avatar

Hey guys when u get your packs it has all the details, such as costs and options. I will be arriving in New Orleans and possibly going back to the hotel with Claire and Sarah so I can’t help u out with the NY one. But the pack should answer all those questions. Also I looked on the site and I really want to see the lion king. I wanted to see it in Melbourne but the tickets were sold out, I don’t mind paying to go see it is there anyone else who would want to see it?
    Way too excited only 32 days!

• 14 Apr 2007 TigerKat said

Default_avatar

Hey !
    Nic I would love to see the Lion King as well, let me know details.
    4 weeks from tomorrow! Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 14 Apr 2007 Nicole said

Default_avatar

I will let u know as soon as I know!

• 14 Apr 2007 Nicole said

Default_avatar

Francesca Kat and I have just booked tickets to the 8pm showing of the Lion King on the 30th also Margie as booked a ticket for herself too. We booked though ticket master and will be picking up the tickets on the night! I’m so excited about the show! Only 1 month today Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 15 Apr 2007 TigerKat said

Default_avatar

Hey!
    I think the seats Nicole and I have are Row L in the ORCH section. I havent checked out the seating plan but I would think those seats are pretty good! I cant wait! Ive heard the Lion King is a really good show!

• 17 Apr 2007 TigerKat said

Default_avatar

Hi everyone!
    Not long to go now! Only 25 days for me! but I still dont have my pack yet Frowner<!--graemlin::(-->
    Does anyone know if Contiki are pre-arranging our visits to places (ie Lady Liberty, Empire State Building etc) so we dont have to worry about the line up since there will be so many of us?

• 17 Apr 2007 chicatranquila87 said

Default_avatar

I’m pretty sure they have pre-booked stuff..? Cuz there are already set days for everything! Have you got your package yet? It should say on the Itinerary…unless we’re just gonna show up and hope for the best hehe.

• 19 Apr 2007 TigerKat said

Default_avatar

Hi! No, still havent got my pack yet. I only have 3 weeks to go! I better get it soon! I would imagine Contiki would be smart enough to pre-book a whole tour group to visit somewhere that line ups are a killer! Eeker<!--graemlin::eek:-->

• 22 Apr 2007 Nicole said

Default_avatar

Hi everybody sorry it’s been a while I believe they do book in advance as it said somewhere that we would not be lining up to get in I can’t remember where. It sounds like we have all decided on the lion king as our Broadway show of choice which is great. Also Kat it is row L in the Orch section. I only have 3 weeks till I leave it’s so exciting!!!!

• 21 May 2007 amyj said

Default_avatar

hey my names amy im 21
    im from nz but ive been in ameria for the last 2 months ill be heading over to do the 4 day tour and it sounds like a few of you will be staying a few days befor and after i will be too
    i started reading notes but 7 pages is too much
    were are people meeting up and ect is their room for one more??

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.