Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Greek Islands- Question for the girls!

24 Jun 2008 Claire said

Claire
Hi everyone,

I'm doing the Greek Island Hopping tour in a month and I was wondering if anyone who has been on this tour could tell me whether I should take heels for nights out or does everyone just wear flat sandally type shoes or even dressy thongs?

Don't want to pack them if I don't have to!

Thanks Razzer
  • 24 Jun 2008 ptooma said

Default_avatar

OK, so I’ve given all the girls a lot of time to chime in but no takers. The islands are VERY casual and if you’d rather pack less, then by all means!! Cobble stones … uneven pavement etc … People always over pack. I think you may have already made up your mind … more space to pack other stuff, or souvenirs to haul back.

- Vic

• 25 Jun 2008 pinkmocha said

Default_avatar

Hey,
    I did the European Panorama Sept/Oct 07, which is a hotel tour . Our tour went to Corfu in the Greek Islands.

On my trip I took a pair of high heels, a pair of thongs/flip flops and a pair of closed in sneaker shoes. I never wore the high heels because they were way too uncomfortable to walk far and at a fast pace in. I ended up buying a pair of sparkly flat sandals in Paris to wear as my evening shoes.

• 25 Jun 2008 sternie said

Default_avatar

i didn’t bring heels on the GIH tour and neither did most girls. actually, THE thing to buy in greece are these great handmade leather sandals. I bought a pair and wore them most nights when i went out, as did many of those on our trip.

• 26 Jun 2008 work2travel said

work2travel

I’m bringing one pair of higher shoes that are wedges and are comfy/easy to walk in.
    If I had more height to my 5’2" self, I wouldn’t even bother, but I need all the help I can get!
    Wink<!--graemlin:;)-->

• 26 Jun 2008 work2travel said

work2travel
    quote:
    Originally posted by sternie:
    THE thing to buy in greece are these great handmade leather sandals. I bought a pair and wore them most nights when i went out, as did many of those on our trip.

Can’t wait to check these out!! I am a shoe-aholic!
    Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 27 Jun 2008 Claire said

Claire

Thanks everyone! I’m steering towards leaving my heels at home. My mum did a tour of the Greek Islands in the 70s ¡ and raves about the leather sandals you can buy there, so it’s pretty cool that people are still raving about them now. Guess some things don’t go out of fashion!

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.