Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Eastern med Cruise (7 days) September 2011

24 Jan 2011 Marilou said

Marilou
Who's with me? I'm doing Spotlight on Greece first and then this cruise, so I believe that's the 8th or 9th of September Smiler Then Planning to stay an extra weekend in Athens or around the isles....
  • 25 Jan 2011 SydneySam86 said

SydneySam86

Hey Milou,

My wife and i will be on our honeymoon on this cruise but we didnt actually book it with contiki because they couldnt upgrade our room. Usually i wouldnt mind being in a small standard room, but being on my honeymoon i figured we got to have a decent sized room.

Where you from? are you going solo or with others?

• 25 Jan 2011 Marilou said

Marilou

Oh wow, Congratulations!!! Yeah, I understand about the room :) I’ll be looking forward to meet you guys :) I am from Canada and I am travelling by myself, hoping to meet lots of new friends :)

• 26 Jan 2011 SydneySam86 said

SydneySam86

I did a contiki through europe with a friend a couple of years ago and ill tell you, after a few hours we all felt like a family

• 26 Jan 2011 Marilou said

Marilou

Awesome!!! Only 220 days to go haha

• 9 Feb 2011 S t e f f said

S t e f f

hey, i’m booked for the spotlight on greece tour departing 5th of sept plus the greek island cruise afterwards.. not sure if that’s the same one?? i’m doing this solo, so would love the chance to get to know any others doing the same tour :)

• 9 Feb 2011 Marilou said

Marilou

Hey Steff, yes, it does look likew e are on teh same Spotlight on Greece tour!! I’m so happy, I’m travelling alone as well. As for the Cruise, is it the 7 days East med you’re doing? Sounds like it :) I found 1 person that is doing the Spotlight on Greece and here a couple from the Cruise, but so far no one that is booked for both. Where are you leaving from?

S t e f f

nope, sorry i’m doing the 3 day greek island cruise after the spotlight. but am staying two days prior and one day after in athens. Would love to stay longer but couldn’t afford it as I am also doing the european vista before greece. very excited!!

Marilou

I hear ya! I’ll be travelling the day before myself, to arrive early Morning on the 5th, maybe we could meet up before the group meeting and just visit together during the day? I’ll also be staying 3 days after my cruise but you’ll be gone already… I’ll look up the cruise to see if it’s the same and the people on the 3 days just leave or if it’s a completely different boat….

S t e f f

by looking at the contiki map of the cruise i think we’ll be on different cruises.. would love to meet up if possible in athens though. this will be my first trip overseas (excluding a cruise to vanuatu last year).. so i’m guessing i’ll be nervous as it gets closer haha

Marilou

First time overseas for me too. I’m a bit nervous about flying for over 10 hours but it will be such a great experience!!! Well, my plane is scheduled to land at 7am in Athens on the 5th, so since the meeting is not until the evening, we have plenty of time. I plan to go straight to the Hotel so we could meet up at whatever time is convenient for you. I’m pretty sure it’ll be a while to get through customs and everything, since I will be on a direct flight… But we could def. plan that when we have more info getting closer to the trip :)

S t e f f

only 10 hours.. haha your lucky my flight says 25hours!!!
    when it gets closer and i have more details i’ll let you know, it’s nice to already know of someone else on one of my tours :)

• 10 Feb 2011 Marilou said

Marilou

25 hours???? O.o how many stops do you have and how long between stops? Although mine is direct, if you look at the time difference, I will be on the plane for 10 hours but arriving 17 hours later than I departed… fun fun hehe

Yes, I am happy too to finally be able to start planning stuff with other people on the tour! If we find more we should start a Facebook page and meet more tourmates. We never have enough ’’Pictures’’ buddies. (For the life of me I CANNOT succeed in taking pictures of myself when travelling hahahhaha)

• 14 Mar 2011 Marilou said

Marilou

173 days to go my friends :) Anyone else joining us?

• 18 Mar 2011 Mix said

Mix

Hey…I think I’m on this one?? 9 days Eastern Meditteranean Cruising leaving on the 9th of September?

• 18 Mar 2011 Marilou said

Marilou

Yup, departing from Athens on the 9th, but 9 days? I didn’t know they had that, I have the 7 days option and Steff has the 3 days option…. I know I have the Spotlight on Greece 4 days before the cruise. Sounds like the same dealio :)

• 21 Mar 2011 Mix said

Mix

Hey Milou, After looking a bit further into it i’d say its the same cruise, its 9 days because of the day before in Athens and the day we get back to Athens. Hope so anyway!
    I’m travelling with my Boyfriend and was a bit worried about meeting ppl on the tour and making friends as all the reviews and info I’ve read on here says that there is not a lot of organised interaction on the ship, so meeting on here beforehand is so good!

• 23 Mar 2011 Marilou said

Marilou

Hey, I’ve been trying to answer here for like 2 days, for some reason, my comments never show… Let me try again…

• 23 Mar 2011 Marilou said

Marilou

Ok, all under control now. I so know what you mean, I have been worrying about that myself, which is why I have been spamming these forums to find people on my trip :) I am sure we will be able to find plenty of stuff to do on teh boat when not visiting, I am not worried at all! I just can’t wait, even if it’s so far away still!

• 23 Mar 2011 SydneySam86 said

SydneySam86

Hey Mix,
    Ill be travelling with my missus. Its good that there will be other young couples on the cruise. Not long to go. Its coming up really quickly!

• 24 Mar 2011 Mix said

Mix

Not long at all!! We fly over to Europe on the 17th of August… so its even sooner for us. So much saving going on right now!! Look forward to meeting you all. The ship we are on has plenty to do by the sounds of things…. I’m a sucker for a game of Bingo! haha

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.