Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Vista Departing 9th July 2011

20 Jan 2011 Brad17 said

Brad17
Hi everyone, I am booked to go on the European Vista departing on the 9th of July. Just wondering who else if anyone was going on this trip as well.
  • 8 Feb 2011 Jodes105 said

Default_avatar

Hey Brad, Yep I am booked into this one as well! My name’s Jodie and I’m from Newcastle – Aus and travelling solo. Very excited to see that at least one other person is booked on this one already!

• 9 Feb 2011 Brad17 said

Brad17

Welcome aboard Jodie. I am from Perth and traveling with a my brother and 2 friends. Do you have any other travel plans other than going on the contiki trip. If you want to add me on facebook my name is Bradley Matthews.

• 9 Feb 2011 Jodes105 said

Default_avatar

Thanks! Cool just added you to Facebook. Great to know I will ‘virtually’ know some people before I leave! Yeah I am leaving Sydney on 1 July and staying in London with a friend of mine from the 2nd until the tour starts. Back in London for a few days before flying back on the 3rd. What about you guys?

• 9 Feb 2011 Brad17 said

Brad17

Cool we leave on the 27th June, going to hong kong for a few days then to London on the 1st or 2nd possibly travel around England somewhere for a couple of days. After the trip have a wedding to go to and fly home on the 7th. Well when I see you on facebook I’ll say hi.

• 22 Feb 2011 Changer said

Changer

Hey I’m going on this tour too.. what a surprise hey :P

• 24 Feb 2011 Jodes105 said

Default_avatar

Hey Changer – welcome! Where are you from? What are your plans for before and after the tour?

• 24 Feb 2011 Changer said

Changer

Hey Jodes, I’m from Perth in sunny WA. I’ll be hanging with Brad in hongkong on the way over to London before the tour and then hitting up my mates wedding about a week after it. Haven’t really planned out the details just yet. Have you been on a contiki before? Travelled much?

Rob

• 28 Feb 2011 Jodes105 said

Default_avatar

Hey Rob, your plans sound great. Haven’t travelled all that much other than the NZ Grand adventurer Contiki 3 years ago. Best holiday ever! Excited to get over to Europe and see more of the world! Doesn’t look to be that busy on the forum for this trip as yet! Hopefully more people will join in soon enough.
    Jodes

• 28 Feb 2011 Changer said

Changer

I’m not surprised there’s isn’t much response on the forums.. they’re kind of difficult to navigate. I did the New Zealand Grand Explorer in 2007 it was really good for adventure sports (snowboarding and black/white water rafting were awesome) but far too short. You can find me on facebook as one of Brad’s friends too but we’ll have to keep posting about how great the 9th July Vista trip will be so people can find us easily ;-)

Rob

• 1 Mar 2011 Kass said

Default_avatar

hey guys .. im also going on this trip :)

• 1 Mar 2011 Changer said

Changer

Hey Kass welcome to what is quite possibly going to be the greatest contiki trip in history :D
    Are you travelling with a group? have you done a contiki before? Doing anything awesome before / after the tour?
    …and most importantly was the thread easy to find? ;)

Rob

• 1 Mar 2011 Jodes105 said

Default_avatar

Hey Kass, welcome! Where abouts are you from? Ha I agree with Rob, best trip ever coming up :)

• 1 Mar 2011 Brad17 said

Brad17

Hi Kass, Seems like i will be the last to welcome you onboard for this tour. The other two seem to be way to quick to respond either that or i spend to much time at work. Seems like they have also asked enough questions.
    Once again welcome and bring on July i say.

• 1 Mar 2011 Kass said

Default_avatar

haha so many questions..where to start.. the threads are hard to find at first unless you know to look for them..im from wagga in nsw..travelling with a mate..first contiki trip altho iv done europe 3 yrs ago in winter snowboarding trip with the fam and just got back from canada and america snowboarding trip once again.. so looking forward to a summer trip!! Arriving in london on the 5th meeting up with some mates living over there..after the trip is pretty open have lots of mates travelling in europe at the moment so didnt want to lock anything in..greek islands are on the cards..have 2 wks to play so wherever we end up we end up :) ..head home on the 14th aug. what about you guys?

• 1 Mar 2011 Changer said

Changer

Cool.. always good to meet another snowboarder. I’ve never been to Canada or America but I really want to, I hear the snow is amazing. Did the last 2 seasons in Japan it’s not really steep but the powder is supposedly the best in the world and I’d believe it. Other then that and New Zealand mentioned above I’ve been to England/Scotland and done Western Europe (2 different trips). As for plans after the tour.. I have a wedding to attend and if I can manage to not come back I will but so far I’ll be returning on the 7th.
    Will your mate be joining our forum madness? or are we welcoming him/her through you?

• 2 Mar 2011 Kass said

Default_avatar

ah nice..iv heard japan is pretty awsome! yeah whistler was amazing..should def be on your todo list! yeah i would love to stay over there but i dont think ill have the funds to do it :( ahh i will tell him about the forum tho he doesn’t have great internet connection at his place.

• 5 Mar 2011 Emily.007 said

Default_avatar

Hey Guys Myself and my Best Friend will be joining you on the Tour!!! So Excited!! First Contiki Ever!! We are arriving in London on the 6th!!

• 5 Mar 2011 Changer said

Changer

Welcome to the tour and the thread Emily. Where do you and your friend hail from? and will they be posting as well?

Rob

• 5 Mar 2011 Emily.007 said

Default_avatar

Hey Rob,
    From Sydney Australia!!! Not sure if she will be posting but i have sent her the Link!!

• 5 Mar 2011 Jodes105 said

Default_avatar

Hey Emily, welcome!! Excited now we are starting to get the numbers up there! I’m from Newcastle so we are basically neighbors! This will be my second Contiki but first one doing it solo. A little nervous but feeling a lot better having “met” you all!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion