Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Vista Departing 9th July 2011

20 Jan 2011 Brad17 said

Brad17
Hi everyone, I am booked to go on the European Vista departing on the 9th of July. Just wondering who else if anyone was going on this trip as well.
  • 28 Mar 2011 Changer said

Changer

Hey Justin welcome to the tour.
    Where about are you and your mates coming from?

• 28 Mar 2011 Brad17 said

Brad17

Welcome aboard Justin,
    Have just added you on the old facebook.
    Do you and your mates have other travel plans either side of the tour?

Brad

Changer

ha ha you don’t need time off work. just quit and get a new job in europe man

Rob

Changer

ha ha I know how you feel.. I accidently got a job just before my NZ tour.. had to warn them that yeah I’ll work for you but I’m leaving for a month after the first 2 weeks at the job.

Rob

• 28 Mar 2011 Kara24 said

Default_avatar

Welcome to the tour Justin.

• 1 Apr 2011 Jodes105 said

Default_avatar

Hey guys, nice to meet the new additions. Looks like I might have to book into the royal for the 8th too- I figure it will be an early start and I reckon my friend won’t be keen to bring me in! One of my friends who did Europe a few weeks back said there was like an optional meeting the night before where they check your travel insurance and passport and stuff. Has anyone else heard of this? Figure it might be a good opp to meet some of u before the tour! Getting super excited now- not excited by the flight (i’m a little scared!!!)

• 1 Apr 2011 Brad17 said

Brad17

Hey Jodes,
    Having done a trip 5 years ago i can confirm that the meeting does take place but since then they have introduced the early check in as you can do with flights. I would have to agree though it does make for a good way to meet people before the tour does actually start, or in our case put faces to names. Your not the only one getting excited, i am currently giving my credit card a work out booking all our different accommadation and touristy stuff for myself and the other 3 i am going with.
    You have nothing to be scared about with the flight it is more a case of prepare yourself for the boredom.

• 1 Apr 2011 Jodes105 said

Default_avatar

Cool, thanks Brad! Makes sense- I have already checked in here so I guess that takes care of a lot of it. Will still be good to meet up with u all before! Oh thanks Brad, that’s what people have said to me so I will trust you are all right!!

• 1 Apr 2011 Changer said

Changer

I recommend noise cancelling headphones/earphones and a plane adapter.. helps stop 22 hours of engine buzz from driving you nuts. Oh and start taking vitamin supplements about 3 weeks before the trip.. the contiki cough is famous and a long plane flight is a quick way to a bad cold

Rob

• 4 Apr 2011 Matty P said

Default_avatar

hey contiki crew im on this one too! cant wait! I’m matt from Adelaide im a mate of Justin’s unfortunately :) 3 months today and will be flying out to London for 5 nights before we start the tour. see u all on facebook! add me matt priestley!

• 4 Apr 2011 Marky. said

Marky.

Hay guys!
    My name is Mark , I’m from Sydney.
    Just booked this trip for the 9th, should be a cracker.
    Looking forward to meeting you all and I’m sure we will have a great time, not long now ..

• 4 Apr 2011 Emily.007 said

Default_avatar

Hey Matt and Mark,

So many Aussies on this tour!!
    3 months tomorrow until I leave Sydney… Seems so close!!!

Can’t wait to go on this tour!!

• 4 Apr 2011 Brad17 said

Brad17

Welcome to you both.

Are you travelling by yourself Mark or going with some mates.
    Have added you on facebook Matt. Was a little challenge to work out which one was you as your location is mykonos, but went through Justins profile.
    Wishing that it was closer. 12 weeks today until i fly out with my mates to Hong Kong before we go on to the UK.

Brad

Default_avatar

lol brad! yeh my mates regularly hack my facebook n update things- u mite have come across a disturbing display pic as well but all sorted now! im def in adelaide not in greece! yeow 12 weeks today til Singapore then london. does anyone know how many ppl we have on the tour like 30 or 40 ??

• 4 Apr 2011 Changer said

Changer

Hey welcome to the tour Matt and Mark.

This tour can’t come soon enough.. oh to be sampling French vin, enjoying a stein of German bier or hitting up whatever it is they serve in Czech Republic… and not writing essays..

I reckon we’ll get about 30 people on the tour.. how many people can they cram on a bus?

Rob

• 4 Apr 2011 Emily.007 said

Default_avatar

Hey guys,

Apparently the contiki buses can sit up to 53 people!!

• 4 Apr 2011 Marky. said

Marky.

Yeah i will be traveling alone. I was originally going around Europe with a friend but when things changed i decided to do a Contiki. I have a friend who did the same tour last year and said it was pretty good (besides the long bus rides).

I had reservations somewhere closer in London, but now im thinking i mite as well stay at the Royal since we are leaving pretty early.
    Will be good to finally meet you all.

Default_avatar

sweet looks like everyone is gonna b hitting up the royal so will all meet before if not already on here and faceys! fine justin my shout for first drinks but shotgun window seat on the plane!

• 5 Apr 2011 LaytonM said

LaytonM

Hey im layton (im with that justin guy and the other blokes) so excited! 3 months now! add me on fb peoples!!!
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1044877297

• 5 Apr 2011 Changer said

Changer

Hey Layton welcome to the crew.

And if I’m travelling on a plane for 20 hours bugger the window seat I want the aisle.. more leg room and freedom to leave woo.

Rob

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion